Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

This might be a dumb question but it’s at least the right place to ask it:

I’m trying to track down a Kingdom Hearts song, it’s a fairly solemn one with some light background singing and a piano melody where the main notes are “Bflat, D, C, G D”. It’s a really common series theme and it for sure shows up towards the end of Dream Drop Distance when Riku and Mickey bust in on the Organization XIII meet and greet. Does that ring any bells to anyone?

Organization 13's theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Yeah they needed an entry point into the sleeping worlds, which was to send them back in time to the point of Destiny Islands' fall to darkness. Xehanort talks about time travel and how you need to already have a version of yourself at that point in time to do it(and that the robed guy at the start of KH1 was him setting up the opportunity for him to muck things up), and says that Sora/Riku should be familiar with that part since they did it too.

I don't know what the deal with Ursula being there is, or why Sora and Riku became de-aged while Xehanort has a dozen unique forms.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They travel in time to these worlds just before they were swallowed by darkness. I’m not sure why Traverse Town is there though!

Shibuya was destroyed but not trapped into the realm of sleep, when this happened Joshua used his God powers to create a safe haven for his friends to take shelter in. Which took form as a sleeping version of Traverse Town because it is a world that appears when displaced travelers need somewhere to go.

The grid is Trons original world, which also presumably includes a real world earth. Ansem made a copy of it years ago, and used it for his computer in hollow bastion. Pretty sure Leon or tron orsomeone says this during kh2

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 29, 2018

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Augus posted:

The final battle with Xehanort needs to be no less than 20 phases long
At least 34
All 13 norts in a row, each with a 2nd form. Then FINALNORT and 7 phases of playing as each of the Seven Lights against him, and the finale where they all deliver the finisher together.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

so is kh1 evil riku actually riku or is that also xehanort

For most of the game it's actually Riku playing around with dark powers because he's a dumb idiot that thinks his heart is too strong to be consumed by it. Then in Hollow Bastion when you fight him he has AnsemSoD's voice layered over his regular one, at which point he also explicitly says "I'M ANSEM, RIKU'S HEART HAS BEEN LOST TO DARKNESS".

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

What's the deal with Donald and Goofy showing up in Daybreak Town

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there like an actual strategy for big Ursula on Proud because I just alternated between Aero and Cure and got some hits in whenever I wasn't about to die.

Use aero and lodge yourself behind her head and wail on her while majority of her attacks don't come near you.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Dude wants Kingdom Hearts because it’s a powerful macguffin that will allow him/them mastery of light and darkness. DDD doesn’t expand substantially beyond that and this is spelled out very clearly in 1 + 2. What’s the shocking revelation of DDD exactly?

That Xigbar is already half-xehanort.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Give Stitch 4 keyblades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Aqua and Terra's Mark of Mastery was a bullshit test anyway.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So was Sora and Riku's. Since it got interrupted by several Xehanorts and all.
Master of Masters = MoM
+ X = MoMX
= Mark of Mastery EXam

Clearly the Mark of Mastery Exam is some bullshit meaningless concept that the Master of Masters invented and passed down. The actual purpose is to just be prime time for Xehanort, the holder of his Gazing Eye, to prank other keyblade wielders.