Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Is this on the PS store for download, or is it disc only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Meh, I still pick the sword and drop magic. I prefer getting my hands dirty in the battles and I don't think I could stand playing through the majority of the game without combo extenders.

I'm playing on normal difficulty though, so I'm not anticipating too much trouble. I don't know if there's a bonus video unlocked for completing proud mode, but with the advent of YouTube, I've stopped jumping through those kinds of hoops.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

I feel like I'm the only doof who picked the sword. Are the differences really that apparent in Final Mix? Should I start over seeing as I only just made it to Traverse Town?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

Did they at least put goddamn dodge roll back in the game because what the hell.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

The worst thing about Final Mix is how long it takes to actually start playing the game. From selecting the game on the XMB, you have to sit through:

- a trophy sync screen
- Splash pages for Disney and Square Enix
- the game select screen
- another trophy sync screen
- another splash page for Disney and Square Enix
- a new game / load data screen

I've clocked it at just over two minutes from the start of that sequence until actually playing the game. Unreal.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

Truth be told, I'm sinking more time into this than GTA5. There's something strangely addictive about this game the other Kingdom Hearts never recaptured.

Still don't know why Goofy yells out "moyle" all the time though.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

So in vanilla KH, I remember being able to grind rate truffles on the deck of the ship in Neverland to earn some easy levels. Were they taken out of Final Mix? I must have run through there two dozen times, and every now and then I get some new flying fish piece of poo poo that steals all my money, but no rare truffles.

Truth be told, that would be the sort of "punish the gamer" dick move that would make me quit playing the game. Wasting an hour or two snacking mushrooms around is bad enough. I'm not going to fight random encounters for 20 additional hours to max everything out.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

If and when KH2.5 comes about, I hope they add a turbo mode or something so I can experience the new content without spending 40 pointless hours mashing X to level up. The level progression in these games is so drat slow.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

It's too bad the whole trophy system has hosed over the ability to share and download game saves. I'm currently playing KH2 through the magic of ePSX2 and turbo mode is the only way to get through that slog of an into. I would love to be able to just import a save file with the new content accessible and have at it because there's no way in hell I'm grinding through all this crap again.

Birth by Sleep with an actually playable control scheme is something to get excited about though. That game was awesome despite the PSP's weird slidey analog nub and the carpal tunel syndrome.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

Everyone should have at least one gummi dreadnaught in their garage. If you do it right, you won't even need to steer out of the path of incoming fire or objects. Everything else just kind of dies around you.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

I wonder how much of a Square-Enix presence there's going to be with the cast this time. We went from most of the major players in FF7, FF8 and FF10 in the first game down to just Zack in BBS (the most recent KH I've played). Disney presumably has the whole Pixar catalog of films to work with this time around, but Square has... uh, FFXIII?

Lightning is a given, but she's the only iconic character Square has produced in the last decade. I suppose they could double-dip with past series favorites, but a lot of newer gamers aren't going to know who the hell they are.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

Fojar38 posted:

I also sort of want to reward Microsoft for backpeddling on their stupidest design choices.

gently caress me running if this is not the dumbest reason to give something your support.

"I'm voting a straight tea party ticket next year! Yeah they nearly drove the country into ruin, but they relented mere hours before we plunged into default and I sort of want to reward them for backpedaling on their stupid decisions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

I'll be getting this purely for a version of BbS that doesn't control like balls. I remember being really disappointed with KH2 when it first came out, and replaying it earlier this year just solidified what a travesty it is. It was one of the prettiest PS2 games for sure, but it was also one of the most inane. If I didn't have the ability to fast forward through the bullshit and the "Sora. Donald. Goofy's" I wouldn't have finished my replay.