Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I am intrigued by this game. I really liked Kingdom Hearts, and enjoyed Kingdom Hearts II up to a point. Got burned out right before the final boss and never picked it back up. :sigh: I hated the GBA one. I ended up just watching all the cutscenes from it on YouTube right before I got KHII.

And I haven't played a KH game since. Has anybody ever LP'ed Birth By Sleep, or something? I don't own a PSP and I have no plans to get one (especially not for one game).

I'll have to keep an eye out for the 3DS game. Looks pretty boss, and I'd love to get back into the series. Though, I admit I liked it better when it was just about exploring the different Disney worlds. About 2/3 of the way through the first one, it just seemed like the designers suddenly decided the game was supposed to be all dark or something, and they just kept going in that direction. Plus the plot. Jesus Christ the plot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

burntpork posted:

Nope. The Fantasia version!

Also like to add that Kingdom Hearts Ultimania is a really good fansite if you're looking for up-to-date info on the upcoming games.

I didn't even know there was another version of that. I only know the Fantasia version...

Well, this game is looking more and more like a for sure purchase to me. Not day 1, probably, but I wanna get it!

How can I get caught up on the pot of the other games (especially BBS) assuming I haven't played a KH game since II and haven't owned any Sony systems since the PS2 (which ain't gonna change, either)?

Have any of the KH games been LP'ed? That would be ideal.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Trauma Tank posted:

I remember giving the first Kingdom Hearts game a go sometime after it first came out and not getting very far with it, but I have just ordered a copy off Amazon(and a new PS2 video cable:argh:) and am gonna try again.

I've looked at a couple of LPs and they always seem to start by choosing the shield and sacrificing magic, is this a massive advantage for some reason? I usually like to throw magic around like it's going out of style in any game that I can, so I'd choose the staff and sacrifice the sword.

I did this exact thing on my first playthrough and it worked fine. Make sure you set the thunder spell to an easily-accessible button (I think I set mine to triangle), and spam it everywhere. And keep plenty of ethers around and quaff them like there's no tomorrow. It's pretty fun.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Argue posted:

Anyone confused about the Kingdom Hearts story can refer to this simple and clean summary of everything: https://docs.google.com/a/ucdavis.e...&hl=en_US&pli=1

That thing is amazing! Who's the guy who looks like Roxas but-isn't-Roxas? I can sort of get all the rest of them...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Amppelix posted:

I still feel like Ventus is a desperate attempt to explain why Roxas doesn't look like Sora. And then Vanitas is thrown in because hey, somebody has to look like Sora, right?

Wow... all these names. I still want to get KH3DS, but I'm thinking I might have to just roll my eyes through the plot and ignore it for the most part.