Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Started having a weird problem with Chrome today. When I close a youtube tab, Chrome freezes. I have to close the whole window, then have the Windows dialogue pop up and tell me it's not responding. When I re-load it, it gives me the message it didn't shut itself down properly.

I have it set to reload all the tabs it had loaded when it closed, and the youtube tab comes back, but now I can close it and it won't freeze...but if I had any other youtube tabs open, it will freeze when they close...any new ones I open will cause it to freeze when closed.

I've tried other video sites, and so far only youtube is causing this. A reboot did not help.

Edit: Chrome version 16.0.912.77 m, Windows 7 professional, 64 bit, w/ SP1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I think it's been said before, but yeah, Chrome's spell-check is terrible.

I misspelled havoc as havok...guess what was not an option to correct havok to?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I've noticed a weird problem with Chrome and Google Image search.

So when you do an image search, and then click on a result, google takes you to that page, but puts a copy of the image over it, like so:

If I either click on the little 'X' for the picture, or click somewhere else on the website to just go to the page itself, I always get "kicked" to another one of my tabs.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Weird problem I have on SA, wondering if anyone else has it:

If a thread I've previously read is close to the bottom of a page (say, within 6 or 7 replies), and I click on "jump to newest unread post," I don't jump to the newest unread post...I always jump to the bottom of the page.

This only happens with a few unread posts that are at the bottom of a page. If there are a few unread posts but in the middle of a page, I'll go right where I left off.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Newest version of AdBlock was disabled because an update for it now allows it more permissions...when I go to enable, it now says it can access data on all website, and tabs and browsing activity...

Am I being paranoid for thinking that something like AdBlock has no business doing that?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I just came back to Chrome since FF is really doing wonky things on my PC right now, and there's this weird behavior I don't know how to stop.

I open a new tab and start to type in a URL or just a word, and the autocomplete takes over, so I hit enter to load up the page, and I get shunted back to my last active tab. It's extremely annoying, does anyone else have this and is there a way to stop it?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Speaking of youtube, anyone else getting this weird UI glitch when you try to change the volume:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I've run into a weird problem with Youtube and the script "Youtube Center" I loaded with Tampermonkey.

Every time I load a video, it starts to load, then stops and reloads the whole page again. This often leads to getting maybe a second or two of video and audio during the initial load, then it stops and reloads and starts again. Annoying as gently caress.

Anyone else experience this and have a fix, other an "disable Youtube Center?" Which I might do, since this load->reload thing is more annoying than the stuff I got Youtube Center to fix (like being able to pause a video and have the whole drat thing load, which I guess is one of the things that got removed "optimized" with the DASH playback stuff.)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

E: wrong thread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway:

Is there any way to get an extension to only activate for one Chrome window instead of all of them?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The past couple of weeks, I've had a weird problem with Chrome (whatever the later version is, 46.0.2490.80 m.)

On some pages, when I scroll down (happens with mouse wheel, page down, and just arrow keys,) the images/text get all messed up. Here's an Example from yesterday:

I thought it might have been AdBlcok, but removed that and I'm still seeing it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I had that issue, it was because I turned on GPU raster in chrome://flags, and it went away when I turned it off.

Might not fix it for you but worth a shot maybe.

Thanks, That flag was set to enable. I know I didn't enable it, since I think this is the first time I've ever gone to chrome://flags, but maybe some update somewhere did? I don't know, turned it off, let's see how it handles now.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask, since it's Chrome extension related:

Anyone else have issues with the newest version of the Hangouts extension (not app, just extension) making "phantom" notifications in the taskbar icon?

Like this:

But there's no message. It does this all the loving time. Typically a few minutes after the last real new message, it'll look like that, and no new messages when I open it. Sometimes it won't do it again until another new message comes in, then after I read the new one it'll again flash a few minute later...a few times I've had it flash several times over the course of an hour or so with no new messages at all.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I see lots of various tech sites are going on about the new Reading List option in Chrome.

I guess I'm not that big of a power user, because I don't see the point?

It's a bookmark, but under a different name? What was stopping you from before, just making a folder called "Reading List" or "Saved for Later" then reading things there and deleting the bookmark when done? It seems functionally the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

I assumed it was for those weirdos who have 1000 open tabs

We all know nothing will stop them from having 1000 open tabs.

And then simultaneously complaining about their RAM usage.