Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Tutu posted:

Is there a recommended flash blocker for use with Chrome? There are quite a few on the chrome store and I'm not sure which is the best.

That extension, mentioned earlier in the thread, which switches to the last viewed tab after you close one is great, thanks!
There is a click to play function built into chrome. Go chrome://flags enable the click to play setting then go to chrome://settings/content and you'll find a new option click to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

hammeritme posted:

Does anyone else's Chrome crash constantly? Sometimes I get the "AW SNAP Chrome has crashed" screen when I just have to reload the tab, which I believe is Flash taking a dump. I also get complete browser crashes out of nowhere, random C:// errors, just all sorts of dumb poo poo. It's only been happening the past few weeks or so.
Are you on the beta channel? I had this issue with the beta and switched back to the stable because it was pretty annoying.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
Is anybody else getting an error message with Adblock Plus 1.2.

I keep getting "This extension failed to modify a network request because the modification conflicted with another extension." The only extension that I think could conflict with it is ghostery.

It doesn't crash the browser or anything but it's annoying to have the error symbol pop up on the wrench all the time.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
So I went looking for an extension that would make Google reader a bit more usable for me, initially I wanted an extension that would give me a proper compact mode to focus more on content but then I found "Google Reader Readable" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fdnglondfcmoiakaolanlglfchdhkdgc

Original Reader

With extension

Mouse over left to show subscriptions

Mouse over top to show menu

It's not perfect as you lose the ability to search and if you like list view using keyboard short cuts it's not really obvious what your selection is. However I've been using it for a couple of days and like it enough to spend a few mins to share it here.

Combined with "Super Full Feeds" I rarely have to open another tab. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/khbjahpecnkenngkidhioicnfpakihgo

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Montalvo posted:

This is getting ridiculous -- I can't use Chrome (beta or stable) for more than 3-4 hours before it freezes up on me and forces a hard reboot of my Macbook. Has anyone else come across anything like this?

The latest stable version on windows is unusable for me, I constantly get a blank screen with an error message saying the graphics driver has crashed.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

withak posted:

gently caress you HoverZoom.

You could switch to hover free https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hover-free/hcmnnggnaofmhflgomfjfbndngdoogkj

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Trying to install Silverlight on my laptop so I can watch Amazon streaming but no matter how many times I reinstall it or chrome it just doesn't show up in chrome://plugins and it isn't detected on the site. I'm stumped, anyone know what I can do?

Are you using 64 bit chrome? Cause silverlight doesn't work with the 64 bit browser. I found this out myself just a couple of hours ago, either watch videos in IE or switch to the 32 bit version are the only fixes.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Sir Unimaginative posted:

The last developer didn't ask for donations expressly so he could cut bait if the general public or some other aspect of the project became too much to deal with. We don't know if he was prescient or just knew himself well.

Really the most worrying change is that uBlock doesn't really have a Firefox guy anymore. (EDIT: They got a guy. I'm not sure there's anything to worry about at this point.)

Here is what Raymond(former dev) has just said in the support section for ublock on the Google store

"Yes.

But I will keep maintaining my own version here.

Roughly I consider uBlock feature-complete, and my goal is to keep it working just fine, ensuring it keeps working flawlessly on Chromium-based browser. Both versions will likely diverge eventually."

So it looks like he intends to do bug fixes for chrome only from now on.

If any body wants to switch over to the new build through the store it's here

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock/epcnnfbjfcgphgdmggkamkmgojdagdnn

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Cabbit posted:

This started happening for me when I went to Chrome 45. uBlock Origin is not stopping pre-roll ads at all, which is really annoying when they're up to three goddamn minutes long and unskippable.

Post a video that you getting these ads on. Because I'm on Version 45.0.2454.85 m (64-bit) with uBlock Origin and I've still never seen any ads on youtube.

The other extensions I have that would effect YouTube are ghostery and h264ify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better. :) I take it there's no easy way to use all my saved Chrome bookmarks and passwords as some import into Safari?

For bookmarks apple have there own chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/icloud-bookmarks/fkepacicchenbjecpbpbclokcabebhah?hl=en-US

For passwords easiest to switch to 1password or lastpass.