Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

I dunno if this is Chrome or G+, but whatever:

The tab title for Google+ flashes: "OMG G+ READY!!!!" Wtf is that and how do I get it to stop?

Sounds like an addon. Check your extensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I have a green border around images in Chrome, and I've unchecked the 'timg fix' in SALR.

I'm also using ImageZoom, but I don't think that would affect it. How do I fix this? Using Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

StickFigs posted:

I used to love the Neat Bookmarks extension but apparently it's been taken off of the Chrome Webstore because of "malvertizing" or something. Are there any extensions that do the same thing that DON'T look like rear end?

What would it do?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Reive posted:

Just started getting this weird problem a few moments ago, every once in awhile when I open a link in a new tab Chrome will close and IE will open, it doesn't even load the page it just opens.

Any ideas?

Are you using an IE-tab type extension?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Billa posted:

Is there any reason on why Chrome refuses to load all the webs I have set up when openin the browser when I open it for the first time after turning on my machine? They all stay on 'loading' but if I close the browser and open it again they all load fine.

This happens to me, with pinned tabs. I've found I can click the tab, F5, and it loads up fine.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

JerseyMonkey posted:

Past few days Chrome has been acting really strange. Visiting certain websites such as http://www.any.do/ https://plus.google.com/ cause my tab to completely freeze or endlessly sit there loading. Opening Developer Tools results in an empty area where developer tools would be. Rest of my tabs work fine. Usually can just close that tab and avoid the web page but have no idea what is causing the page freeze. Running a handful of extensions like Ad Block Plus but even after disabling them, the specific pages still freeze. Very strange for Any.DO as I have never visited that page before.

Running Version 23 on Windows 7 x64.

The issue is you're going to Google+, which no one uses. Kidding of course!

Does it work in incognito mode?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Using Chrome on Linux (latest version), whenever I watch a video (YouTube, or anything else), it looks like there's confetti all over the video itself. What gives? Is this a Flash issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but it being related to Chrome I figured this is probably my best shot. The company I work for uses Kronos Workforce for timecards, and I know it specifically says only IE and Safari (not Chrome) are supported browsers.

Our IT department seems to think that the simple act of having Google Chrome INSTALLED on the machine (not opening Kronos through it, just having it installed) is causing issues with Kronos running properly in IE. This seems like absolute insanity. I'm far more tech savvy than most of my co-workers, but I admit I'm not as knowledgable as I'd like to be, particularly regarding these kinds of issues. We run IE8 for our enterprise applications, but we're still stuck in the dark ages on Windows XP, if that matters. Is this a legitimate concern or am I not actually crazy?!

I've seen Chrome hijack certain registry keys which prevented hyperlinks from Outlook from opening correctly.

Personally, being an IT guy myself, I'd just comply with the IT department.