Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a Chrome equivalent of bookmark tagging/suggestion like in Firefox/Xmarks? That is one thing that is keeping me from switching full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just made the switch over to Chrome from Firefox yesterday. Not sure why I didn't sooner. Running the beta of Chrome right now.

I'm still missing some functionality from Firefox native/extensions that I can't seem to replicate in Chrome, if anyone had recommendations:

- Bookmark tags - tagging bookmarks is a whole lot easier than organizing everything. I used Xmarks on Firefox to suggest tags based on user tags, which was great. Not sure if Chrome can even tag bookmarks at this point. I'd rather not use Xmarks as I want to reduce the amount of extensions in Chrome - plus I'm using Chrome to Mobile to sync poo poo, which is awesome.

- Master password on startup - I locked my Firefox install down at work by asking for a password on startup.

- Tab Mix Plus - on firefox, this extension basically let you do things with tabs. Most importantly, this made new tabs load to the rightmost spot on the tab bar, which I can't live without.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

unpronounceable posted:

Some people like the current functionality. I remember installing an addon that made tabs open directly beside the current one way back when on firefox.

The option should at least be there. Thanks for the extension, though - it is perfect.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any way to get a working, up to date mouse gesture extension for Chrome 24.0.1312.60 m?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Oprah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Which one should we use?

Also has anyone else been getting Hes Dead, Jim on the new tab page? Running Version 43.0.2357.81 m (64-bit) - after a refresh it usually works OK.