Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
How are people's sync experience? I have made bookmarks and tabs sync across debices, bit it only seems to have worked/pushed the first time I set it up. Now it doesn't sync.

I can see the open tabs on other devices, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

90% perfect. The only trouble I ever have is occasionally when I uninstall an extension and it gets reinstalled because another device has it.
Are your open browser tabs the same on all devices, or are you just free to view and open those on other devices?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Anyone else having issues with Chrome and The Daily Show and The Colbert Nation websites? Both of those leave a huge blank part in the top part of the site which requires me to scroll way down to see the actual site every time. I tried disabling AdBlock but that didn't help.
That sounds like an ad-blocker that isn't removing the HTML container of the removed ad. If you are running AdBlocker, try to update its filter.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

RagingBoner posted:

I can't get Facebook to let me post anything or add comments while using Chrome now. This just started today, anyone else have this issue, or know what might be causing it?
What happens? Do you click the button with nothing happening?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
My browser has begun freezing, whenever I open a new set of tabs in Chrome. And I just switched, because Opera drains too many resources from my computer. Weird.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Chrome has stopped remembering my tab session on OS X Mountain Lion. Maybe I'm screwing something up as an OS X novice, but I haven't made any changes to the settings, and it synchronized those from my other computer already.

Is this a known thing?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I am getting a little nuts about managing all my opt-out and filter extensions. These are my Google opt-out links alone:

* Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on
* IBA Opt-out
* Keep My Opt-Outs

Which is not to mention the Do Not Track extensions that modify my header information. And Ghostery. And whatever else.

There has to be a major amount of overlap here. Which should I be able to uninstall without losing any opt-outs and content-blocking?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
On OS X Mountain Lion, I suddenly can't see glyph icons like those on GitHub (scroll down). They just look like squares, i.e. unrecognized characters.

It wasn't always like this. Any idea what the hell happened? They work perfectly fine in Safari.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

crazysim posted:

Had that happen once. Fiddled browsers, found out other glyph icon sites didn't work. Finally, after a few WTFs, changing channels on Chrome from beta to stable and back to beta, I restarted the Mac and the problem was gone.
That fixed it, cheers. I've gotten so used to never turning off my Air.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Be careful with saving passwords in Chrome. An XSS exploit allows other people to easily intercept it: http://homakov.blogspot.dk/2012/11/xss-save-your-password-pwned.html.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Karthe posted:

Well then, it looks like it might be time to start using a third-party password manager. What would you guys recommend? I've heard good things about LastPass, but I might end up using something that integrates with KeePass.
Whichever you prefer. I use LastPass myself with a Yubico key. Means I - and everyone else - can't just access my passwords with my LastPass password alone.

It also encourages using different passwords for each site, which can be a bit of a pain otherwise, but is by far the safest thing to do.

I'm not sure your solution is going to fix anything, though: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4847350.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Speaking of youtube, anyone else getting this weird UI glitch when you try to change the volume:

The YouTube player has been glitching like mad recently in all browsers. That was before the new design today, though.

Has this problem been present before the roll-out?