Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Are there any apps for getting the Recently Closed Tabs button back on the New Tab? Google's response has basically been "now you can use the menu to get to that!" and I don't really want to use the menu for it when I could just ctrl+t and click. I mean, it's not like they're running low on useless white space on the New Tab screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I had some visual stuttering after a recent update and the cause was it had turned the native flash player back on. Go into chrome://plugins and check that you only have one flash player enabled?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm not sure what the question is. They're completely different logins - I've got my bookmarks tied to one account but I swap around three other Gmail accounts at work without the Chrome account being affected.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Is it just me or does Chrome gently caress with the fonts like every single week.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is there a Chrome extension that makes YOSPOS not look terrible? I need to get my Bitcoin schadenfreude but would like to not go blind.

It didn't look like the extensions in the OP didn't really do any forum-specific styling.
While I personally don't recommend it, blocking http://forums.somethingawful.com/css/219.css removes the authentic and enjoyable experience of YOSPOS.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's not just you - the performance on gifs has really gone in the toilet in the last few weeks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

24 but the problem is they're all needed except for one which is being relplaced by OneTab.

I've got rare usage poo poo like Save Image as PNG because Google decided to change something that changes some images to WebM images instead of a normal image.
None of this makes sense. You'd have to have some kind of memory leak somewhere for that to be true.

Going and looking at Save Image as PNG it's explicitly for converting WebP images - which are nothing to do with Google changing anything - into PNG files, when a much better solution would be to just download the image as it exists on the server (WebP) and installing the free plugins for various graphics programs or command-line converters and do that process outside of your browser, if in fact it even needs to be done at all.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Rather than outright disabling Flash, I'd suggest going into Content Settings and changing Plugins to "Let me choose when to run Plugin content" - it'll do the same job but let you easily pinhole sites or individual instances when necessary.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You could delete all of them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Who decided the hamburger should become a vertical ellipsis of all things

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I've done it twice that I can think of.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

eSporks posted:

I read this as "Avoid Trolls", and my first thought was "Hot drat, google has an option to filter trolls, thats crazy!". My Second thought was "Wait, who is trolling google maps and how?"

So now I am left legitimately wondering if google maps has trolls.
When you said avoid trolls my first thought was that it's just a mode to avoid going over bridges.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If you're on Windows then the OS itself will do it for you - under Additional Mouse Settings/Pointer Options there's a tickbox for turning on a ripple effect when you press CTRL.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Let's just let web sites take control of the browser. That's why Google Chrome allows pop-ups, right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think it could be a bug or just overly cautious because mine is showing the same and when I click it it takes me to a page talking about Chromebooks, which I'm not on. The extent of our "management" is that Group Policy puts an extension on the blacklist and one on the whitelist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Overlap checks is what the twitter thread and all the recent replies are about.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

MrMoo posted:

Some broken brain there, the occlusion API is necessary to stop the bullshit farming Facebook likes.
What?

Why would that be Chrome's responsibility to stop and in what world does that farming not simply move to a browser that doesn't implement an occlusion API?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I right-clicked the page and selected "translate to english"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The address bar icon is still there but it's context-hidden. I think it only shows up if the html lang tag is both correctly set on the website and doesn't match Chrome's UI language.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If you right-click on the page does it allow you to translate using the 'Translate to English' menu icon?
I don't get the address bar icon automatically popping up, but I can manually initiate a successful translation of that page through the right-click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Does anyone know how I can remove Reading List from the star? I've turned it off from the toolbar, but starring a page to bookmark it now takes two clicks because I guess someone figured out Google Reader was useful.