Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Anyway to bring the plus back as I do miss it and thought it looked better with than without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Does anyone know why google docs would be crashing within Chrome (and only chrome, but not incognito mode in chrome). This only happens when opening a doc or trying to create one (doesn't matter format). The following error pops up:

I have to hit cancel about 4 times (if I hit okay, it auto-refreshes after hitting okay 4 times, and doesn't show the next box long), and then get this:

This only happens in Google Chrome (works in IE!), and happens whether I'm using Windows 8 or Arch-Linux. Using: Version 24.0.1312.68.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Penguissimo posted:

If it works fine in incognito mode, but not in a regular window, it's most likely a misbehaving extension. I'd start disabling any enabled extensions one at a time and see when it starts working.
Welp I'm an idiot who didn't there's actually an option to say whether an extension can run in incognito. I'm also an idiot for not fully understanding on of my extensions and its whitelist :v:

Thanks.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
In the beta of chrome, and now, everytime I open my browser, I get told I should disable my extensions that are running in developer mode to be safe and they have an ugly orange background around them? Any way to tell Chrome to shut up and stop doing this?

e: I just installed the dev channel and it went away. I guess google expects people on the dev channel to know what the hell extensions are and stuff.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 19, 2014

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

crestfallen posted:

Windows has an identity. Mac has an identity. So do the various linux distributions.

Theory: they changed the scrollbars to make that the native style for Chrome OS. Grain of sand and all that, but yeah.
They want Google Chrome to look the same across environments. Part of this release had this:

quote:

Windows only: Chrome Windows users will notice that the scrollbars have changed to look similar to the style of Chrome in Metro mode. The cleaner look helps make Chrome’s style more consistent across different environments.

Google for better or worse is a brand I guess just like Apple and MS.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
So my Google Chrome has the tab crash when opening such pages as Maps or Rdio and it's really baffling why this is happening and I have no idea how to fix it. :psyduck:

This is even happens while in Incognito mode with no extensions enabled.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Chrome has just been really buggy for me lately. Tabs turning white if they're inactive and then will more likely crash than recover, weird font issue in the UCP on SA (which I'm willing to live with, but that first issue is awful), etc. Is there something easier than a full uninstall/reinstall that would be helpful to fixing this stuff?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Experto Crede posted:

Is there a way to script in chrome which will let me highlight a word, then right click and send that highlighted word to a web app's search URL to bring the results for that word up?
And I'm guessing beyond just using Searching on Google?

You would want to use contentMenus in an extension, and do something like outlined here.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Karthe posted:

Is there a way to get Chrome to show my homepage instead of the New Tab page whenever I open a new tab? I'm trying to spend more time on a language learning site and so I'm hoping to make it more in-my-face/easier to access.

No easy way to do it directly through chrome so use an extension instead: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/new-tab-redirect/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
I've made a quick userscript that should fix this for anyone (at a variety of zooms). It just changes the CSS moving the box down a handful of pixels so there isn't a gap.

Get it here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7512-fix-sa-breadcrumbs-hover-for-chrome