Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Anal Tributary posted:

Clicking "Update Extensions Now" at the top of the Extensions page should do it.

You may have to enable "Developer Mode" to get that button, by the way.

Thanks for your work on this extension, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

PirateBob posted:

How do I make address bar searches open in a new tab?

On a mac, cmd-enter will do that; probably ctrl-enter on Windows.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

ICA posted:

To clarify, I want something to remove the little bit of text that appears when I mouse-over a link or image, like this-

Those are called 'tooltips', and to the best of my knowledge, there's not a way to disable them in Chrome. I've found a couple of threads with people asking for that option, but nothing from the Chrome devs.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Montalvo posted:

Chrome dev v22.0.1215.0 on Mac OS X 10.7.4 -- is anyone else experiencing strange behaviour on some websites? For example, Facebook's status box is no longer detecting when I post links, and I can't open any messages either.

I had some issues on Facebook earlier today with AJAX-y things not working, but I suspect that was on their end, not Chrome's. It seems to be working properly now.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Don't know if it's a known thing or not, but tab syncing between machines and mobile devices has never worked for me on my Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Magicmat posted:

Bit of a longshot, but does anybody know of a way from keeping Chrome from trying to refresh all its tabs on startup? Or at least, not when there's no internet access?

Open preferences, look at the "On startup" section. I don't know of any way to make it conditional on a live connection.