Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is it possible to make my bookmarks bar show only the icons? Googling suggests that I have to manually edit each bookmark and delete the title but there must be an option to just "show icons only" isn't there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Klyith posted:

Piholes aren't great, even compared to ABP filters let alone ublock. They only block based on domains, they generally don't block video ads, suck at filtering scripts, and they're a pain when you want to temporarily allow something.

I have a similar thing installed on my router. It's nice for getting rid of most ads while using my phone, but I'd pretty unhappy if that was the only ad blocker available.

I’ve never seen an ad on YouTube when I’m at home so it seems to work for me :shrug:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

WTFBEES posted:

No dice!

I've got 5 other side panel things disabled too. Stop being bad Google.

Someone tell me how to disable this loving thing that just started showing up in my chrome

Selecting text and right clicking to search used to pop open a new tab. I want that behavior back

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I tried those flags and they didn’t do poo poo.

gently caress this loving poo poo, I just imported all my poo poo into loving EDGE and put in a tech ticket to uninstall Chrome on my work PC.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I mean I asked for Firefox but the it guy said no, use edge or put in a ticket for chrome. I asked why and he shrugged and said it’s the policy.

At least edge isn’t doing that dumb as gently caress side window search thing by default. And after spending a few minutes in the options to turn off all this extra bullshit the browser itself seems fine.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 10, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I went into the normal settings and disabled the side bar, the bing chat bar, and all the popover/hover menus. Seems to work like a normal browser ought to work for now. The only thing is the right click menu is a bit cluttered and I wish I could edit what shows up but oh well. It’s better than chrome making it use that loving side window for search and having no way to get rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

How do I disable the touchpad gesture where scrolling left = clicking on the back button? In Firefox it's browser.gesture.swipe.left in about :config but I don't see anything similar in Chrome.

I found this:

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/5616407/how-do-you-turn-off-the-back-trackpad-gesture?hl=en

But I have no chrome://flags/#overscroll-history-navigation flag.