Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hello Chrome thread. I got a new laptop with 1080p display and I have to use 110% zoom to make sites comfortable to read. Problem is that I also use my laptop connected to 1680x1050 monitor a lot where 110% zoom is too big.
Is there extension that automatically adjust zoom depending on desktop resolution? Can extensions even get that information?
I found extension called Zoomy, but it's buggy and not very configurable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Khablam posted:

Ctrl + + zooms from 100-110%
Ctrl + - zooms from 110-100%
Ctrl + 0 resets

e: to be clear, the zoom just steps in 10% increments, I'm just saying you need to simply press those 2 shortcuts to toggle yourself.

I don't know any other ways to zoom in Chrome besodes that and Ctrl + mousewheel so that's how I've been doing it so far
I'd like it to be automated, it's annoyng to have to zoom every website I visit in and out 4 times per day.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Khablam posted:

Huh.

I was sure it used to persist in the tab when I used to use it, but there must have been an extension I was using at the time which bound it.
I'm unaware of an extension that will read your resolution and change zoom, you can however (win 8 & 10) set DPI per display, so you can simply boost the overall scaling of your small screen to a level you find comfortable. This will help you across all programs that use windows font scaling.

I have DPI scaling set at 125%, that makes most programs comfortably sized, but often blurry. Chrome isn't blurry, but sites still remain a bit small.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Over the past week this " your browser is managed by your organization" has appeared in the main menu dropdown and some internal pages like history.

When I click on it it tells me I should check about :policy which tells me my browser is in fact not managed by anyone as it should. Huh? I'm confused.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How do I stop physical media keys from controlling Youtube? I use them to pause Spotify music to listen to videos all the time but I think the last update made it so they control the video instead...

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Lambert posted:

Go to
code:
about:flags
and disable Hardware Media Key Handling

Thank you very much!

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I reset my Windows install and reinstalled Chrome and now the right click taskbar menu has nothing in it

It used to let me quickly open recent tabs and incognito mode. How do I get that back?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Fame Douglas posted:

Do you have this in Windows Settings -> Personalization -> Start disabled?

If so, you need to re-enable it, after a while, the options should reappear. Then you can disable it again.

Thanks, will try this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Will Firefox soon be the only sensible option if you never want to see any ads?