Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity has existed long before this was a thing.

Also where do you think Siri and Cortana get their information from? There's nothing "dark" going on. It's just "Hey, you should sign in to your account so your stuff is saved if you want to pick it up elsewhere or use Assistant to help you later". Are there privacy concerns? Sure. But then you shouldn't use Assistant, Cortana, Siri or even iOS, Android, or Windows.

This is starting to become an age-old debate at this point...

I mean, I don't use the Assistant for anything other than quickly setting timers, and don't do anything on my Windows and Android machines I wouldn't be comfortable with everyone and their mother knowing about anyway. The main reason I have a Mint dual-boot is for anything sensitive I don't want the corporate all-seeing eye to see... or any malware on them.

Only reason I stopped using SRWare Iron on my desktop is because it display a pink cast for some reason now, while Chrome doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Nano Defender might work as a compliment. I'm not entirely sure since AdNauseam doesn't allow access to the "I'm An Advanced User" part of the uBlock settings to properly integrate it with ND, though.