Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Craptacular! posted:

I just tried changing to Chrome today and all the posts on the forums are in bold text for some reason. Addons don't seem to be related at all? Like, using the bold tag doesn't make the text look any different at all. Every other site seems to be fine, just SA is weird.

Installing this fixed that for me. I lack the technical expertise to know exactly how and why, but it was the first suggestion I came across when googling the problem and it worked. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

I don't understand the complaints. "Ahh, my eyes?" Nothing looks any brighter or overly contrasty to me. The tabs, eh... I can take either. And I like the rounded address bar.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

I don't either. Guess that's why I didn't understand the fuss.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Thankfully I'm already in mid-leap of jumping ship all the way to FF. Ever since the first version they named Quantum, it has been Really Good. As for extensions if you can't find a satisfactory replacement for one you probably didn't really need it in the first place. That's what I found and I use a lot of extensions.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

This relationship is doomed.

Having said that, Windows does this thing called Switch Users, OP. It's like, less trouble than using the start menu to open a program.

E: Also if she's just printing poo poo then why is Chrome even in this picture?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

gently caress

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 15, 2019

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Crotch Fruit buy your wife an account so we can ask her what it's like to live with a hyper-:spergin: like yourself.

You're like Picard telling Beverly "we've never needed separate accounts a crew before," totally unaware that there's anything wrong with the current situation.

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 15, 2019

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Istr there's a setting for that, but I might be thinking of ff.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Is anyone selling pre-configured piholes for this. Did I just give away a million dollar idea?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

effika posted:

:10bux: says it's so they can stop people from playing YouTube in the background without a YouTube music subscription

I can totally believe this, since you already can't on Android without tricking it.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

drat straight. I don't even miss Vanced.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Woebin posted:

Vivaldi's great these days, for instance.

If Kiwi Browser had a windows port I'd cream my skivvies.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Speaking of Nord umm yeah don't patronize them.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Palladium posted:

Thank god for Youtube Vanced

Hells yeah. Preach it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

E: wrong thread