Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
Purposely using an outdated version of a browser is a pretty dumb thing to do. Not only are you exposing yourself to security issues but you won't get any future performance enhancements either. I suppose you already know that and didn't want the lecture though.

I switched to Chrome from Firefox a few months ago and I've been enjoying it. The page zooming is not quite as good quality, and I can't figure out how to make embedded Facebook comments resize too. Firefox seemed to be better at remembering a wide variety of form fields, but the Chrome form autofill is nicer when it works for all the fields. The activity indicator on pinned tabs is a little too subtle to notice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
You're assuming it will come back (it won't) and as time goes by you'll be vulnerable to more and more exploits. There were 6 high, 7 medium and 1 low security fix in the latest version that you already don't have.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

Coughing-up Tweed posted:

Reset as in create new profile?

Chrome doesn't install updates until you close the browser.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
I've been using Greenshot. It's pretty ok. No fancy features like uploading to sharing sites or anything.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've noticed a weird problem with Chrome and Google Image search.

So when you do an image search, and then click on a result, google takes you to that page, but puts a copy of the image over it, like so:

If I either click on the little 'X' for the picture, or click somewhere else on the website to just go to the page itself, I always get "kicked" to another one of my tabs.

I'm not seeing this with a handful of test images on stable. Does it happen for every imag? Some sites play tricks with traffic coming from GIS.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
Is there any way to make the built-in PDF viewer default to "fit width"? Latest stable, win 7 x64.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
Looks like someone scored $60k for a full chrome exploit, new stable version is out already.

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/03/chrome-stable-channel-update.html

quote:

[Ch-ch-ch-ch-ching!!! $60,000] [117226] [117230] Critical CVE-2011-3046: UXSS and bad history navigation. Credit to Sergey Glazunov.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
Seems like the PDF reader in 18 jumps back to the top of the document after it finishes downloading the whole thing. Annoying when you've already started scrolling through the document. Latest stable on XP and 7 x64.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
See also: Tools / Task Manager (Shift+Esc)

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

Magicmat posted:

Is there any way to set up URL shortcuts? I'm constantly loading, say, my Google Calendar and since Chrome doesn't show the bookmark bar (which I kinda like), I usually navigate to it via the address bar.

I know it's not what you asked for, but have you considered pinned tabs for that stuff? I keep G+, mail, calendar, docs and a few others open and pinned all the time. Pinned tabs just show the icon in the tab bar so they don't tank much space either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
You can press delete to delete the highlighted part that you didn't actually type.