Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just have a quick question. Is there a way to coax Chrome back into responding when it becomes unresponsive without closing it completely and losing all your stuff? Maybe by like freeing up or stopping some things in the Task Manager?

I did that thing where I opened way too many windows and Chrome took a poo poo and stopped responding. I need to make it functional again, but I don’t want to close it entirely because Chrome doesn’t have a way to restore previous sessions (that I know of) and I really REALLY don’t want to lose a lot of those pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is there a way to close Chrome that will guarantee I get a prompt to restore my last session? Like by ending the Chrome task through the Task Manager or something? I tried freeing up some other memory but it doesn’t seem to be working. Also I don’t have any extensions that save previous sessions.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What are the best ad/pop-up/redirect blockers for Chrome as of now?

The OP was last updated in 2015.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Lambert posted:

uBlock Origin https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm
uBlock Origin Extra https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin-extra/pgdnlhfefecpicbbihgmbmffkjpaplco

Customize the filters to your liking, you might want to add filters for additional languages should you visit non-english sites on the regular.

Thanks! And I probably should’ve checked the last page before I posted that.

What about a tab management extension that lets you have an unlimited(-ish) number of open tabs in a window? I read good things about something called “Too Many Tabs”, but that was a couple of years ago and poo poo may have changed since then.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m setting up my new laptop. Do I still gotta do what the thread title says to enable AdBlock on Chrome?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What’s a good tab manager app for Chrome? Something that lets me scroll through the tabs like Firefox does, so I can see ALL of my tabs and not just whatever number Chrome can cram into a single window?

I remember reading about a thing called TooManyTabs that may do this, but that was like 2 and a half years ago and I wanna know if there’s something better now.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rexxed posted:

I've used TooManyTabs and SessionBuddy off and on. The former is probably more what you're looking for, the latter is more to make sure you can restore your tabs if you lose them, although it does let you browse them.

I thought TooManyTabs let you restore your lost tabs too?

Whatever, I’ll take ‘em both.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rexxed posted:

I've used TooManyTabs and SessionBuddy off and on. The former is probably more what you're looking for, the latter is more to make sure you can restore your tabs if you lose them, although it does let you browse them.

Sooo I installed TooManyTabs a few days ago and so far it is doing nothing to fix my "shitload of tabs crammed into a single window and I can't scroll through them like on Firefox and once there's a certain number of tabs Chrome shoves the ones on the far right off-screen where I can't click them or get to them at all" problem. What am I doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rexxed posted:

If I get that many tabs in a single window I make another one and split them up by subject or whatever. I've only got about 950 tabs open though.

I do this too sometimes but it’s real fuckin annoying

I just want Chrome tabs to work like Firefox tabs