Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

hotsauce posted:

I love Chorme. I'm heavily invested into the Google ecosphere. Gmail, calendar, reader, etc, everything so naturally I use Chrome.

Unfortunately, I've had to uninstall it.

I use a Lenovo X220 tablet PC. While using Chrome, my system will randomly and suddenly log me out to the Windows login screen. I can log back in and everything is back as it was, but it is very annoying. I troubleshot by using a beta version, stable version, etc. Nothing worked. Kept logging me out. This occurred several times per day. I was very careful to make sure I wasn't hitting keystroke combos that would log me out, etc. Nothing. It was something with the browser.

I finally relented, uninstalled Chrome and installed Firefox. This was about a week ago. Not one single sporadic logout.

I just don't get how Chrome did this to my computer. No other programs were installed/uninstalled that could have caused this over the course of a month (during my test phase). Very strange. I told Google when I uninstalled it, but they will never read it, so oh well. Firefox it is I guess, even though I dislike it.

this doesn't make any sense... a web browser can't log you off of your pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Halman posted:

This is probably a stupid question and probably can't be done, but I've tried googling it but I'm not quite savvy enough to work out what to google it seems.

I'm trying to sidestep the DNS block at work because I'm a bad employee, but they've got two different DNS servers set up in the system settings so I'm kind of wary to change those(unless there's no actual danger to changing them? I do have admin access to my work computer). Is there a way to set up chrome (or another browser) to use the google public DNS without changing the system ones?

No. And any competent company is going to block your DNS requests at the firewall and force you to use theirs.