Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is this the "all things Google thread"? Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Just wanted to know if Google Drive and Google Plus are the same thing when it comes to uploading and auto-backing up photos/video? If I upload photos/video to Google Plus, can I access them from my Google Drive? Is the storage limit shared across the two?

The reason I ask, is I want to upload a bunch of stuff to my Drive but my upload speed at home is like 10kb/s where as works upload speed is 17mb/s. Drive is blocked at work, Plus isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
This might not be the best thread, but can someone recommend some freeware software or a Chrome extension that will let me download videos from websites. In particular, Dailymotion. I've been using AVGO Downloader but it seems to have poo poo the bed for the one thing I use the site for. Bonus points if it can Youtube.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this is the best thread to post in, but here goes.

I've rented a VOD on Vimeo as there was no purchase option and I want to save the movie permenantly. I've tried using youtube-dl, the various web tools available like Clipconverter and a few Chrome Store addons and haven't had any luck in doing so.

For some reason all of these resources end up saving the 46 second trailer and not the actual short film I've rented. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, are you aware of any workarounds?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Thanks! That appears to be working great (still downloading)

Edit: Fantastic, worked a treat.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 6, 2018