Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I look forward to finding out he's a serial killer who enjoys tinkling the ivories while his victims slowly die. Then Benson shoots him in the station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

LongDarkNight posted:

I look forward to finding out he's a serial killer who enjoys tinkling the ivories while his victims slowly die. Then Benson shoots him in the station.

Yah, life really does like to poo poo on Benson a lot.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
He'll probably end up getting shot in the courtroom and Benson will break down looking at an (implied) picture of Stabler.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nah, he'll get shot at the station after Cragen's gun accidentally goes off while he's cleaning it. Cragen forgot the gun was loaded.....because HE HIMSELF is loaded.

On alcohol.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Gonz posted:

Nah, he'll get shot at the station after Cragen's gun accidentally goes off while he's cleaning it. Cragen forgot the gun was loaded.....because HE HIMSELF is loaded.

On alcohol.

The bullet will then bounce off the wall and hit Ice-T's gay son after they reconcile and someone in Munch's family because why not?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

The bullet will then bounce off the wall and hit Ice-T's gay son after they reconcile and someone in Munch's family because why not?

The follow-up episode involves Olivia being framed for a crime with forged DNA for the second time. The criminal mastermind behind the whole thing? Casey Novak (who is later revealed to be an Iranian spy).

Also: This episode's subplot involves Rollins being held hostage by teenagers at a NASCAR event.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Gonz posted:

The follow-up episode involves Olivia being framed for a crime with forged DNA for the second time. The criminal mastermind behind the whole thing? Casey Novak (who is later revealed to be an Iranian spy).

Also: This episode's subplot involves Rollins being held hostage by teenagers at a NASCAR event.

Oh and the rape at the start of the story has nothing to do with the final crime!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

Oh and the rape at the start of the story has nothing to do with the final crime!

Yeah, it's just some random rape that's never mentioned after the intro.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Mooseontheloose posted:

Munch doesn't have any family, just ex-wives. I guess one of them could get clipped.

Edit: this ex-wife should probably be some semi-prominent character from another show to give Richard Belzer yet another opportunity to take a field trip to another continuity.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Munch finds out about his long lost son who is gay. And getting married to Ice-T's son. Olivia is tasked with throwing the bachelor party.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

Munch finds out about his long lost son who is gay. And getting married to Ice-T's son. Olivia is tasked with throwing the bachelor party.

Eliot shows up specifically to throw Munch's son through a plate glass window at said bachelor party.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I hope when Olivia retires they have an introspective.

Cragen: Remember when that guy forged your DNA to frame you?

Olivia: That sounds like bullshit that never happened. You are joking right?

Cragen: Guess so. I am drunk after all.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

When SVU does get cancelled they bring back all the L&O alums they can find to give it a proper send off.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ratatozsk posted:

Munch doesn't have any family, just ex-wives. I guess one of them could get clipped.

Well, he does have Uncle Andrew (played by Jerry Lee Lewis; the character murdered a serial rapist during the Connie Nielsen period, while Hargitay was on maternity leave), and in Homicide he was shown to have ... a brother (I think) who operates a funeral parlor.

Gonz posted:

On alcohol.

Just re-posting something I said in the last thread:

quote:

Oh, Christ, don't give Neal Baer any ideas. If he attempted to out-do "Aftershock," Cragen would have a drink, then down a bottle of scotch, then get in his car, drive it into an orphanage, after which the car's leaking fuel tank causes the entire orphanage to explode. The only evidence that any children were there comes when Benson and Stabler discover the charred remnants of a teddy bear. Meanwhile, Cragen, having miraculously survived, continues his drunken walkabout and rapes a hobo, only to discover that the hobo is a long-lost brother he never knew he had.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 24, 2012

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Someone call Dick Wolf, this is gold.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LongDarkNight posted:

I'm 99.99999% certain that some of the L&O writing staff lurk this thread.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Benson or Goren: who do the writers hate more?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timby posted:

Well, he does have Uncle Andrew (played by Jerry Lee Lewis; the character murdered a serial rapist during the Connie Nielsen period, while Hargitay was on maternity leave), and in Homicide he was shown to have ... a brother (I think) who operates a funeral parlor.

Just re-posting something I said in the last thread:

He would then find a monkey

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

LongDarkNight posted:

I think we've got season 14 already written here!

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So I caught an ep of CI on Oxygen, and was sorely disappointed to find Dean Winters playing a corrupt cop...but not the cop he played on SVU.

YOU HAD THE CONTINUITY RIGHT THERE. Why not use it? Cop that gets transferred out of SVU because he can't hack it, why not run with him just letting the job get to him?

...Anyone down for a kickstarter campaign to fund another season of Vanilla?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vanilla is done for. We need a Law & Order outside of the US and UK. We need a Law & Order not based on this planet.

We need Law & Order: Moonbase Alpha. A Holographic AI construct based off the likeness and memories of Jack McCoy is the Lunar DA.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Gonz posted:

Vanilla is done for. We need a Law & Order outside of the US and UK. We need a Law & Order not based on this planet.

We need Law & Order: Moonbase Alpha. A Holographic AI construct based off the likeness and memories of Jack McCoy is the Lunar DA.

Let's mash some franchises up! Give us an L&O set during original-era Star Trek, focusing on a team of Starfleet security redshirts that bust people for crimes on board the Enterprise, with the prosecutors being the guys at whatever Starbase they happen to drop the prisoners off at. You can have rotating prosecutors for all the courts-martial that would take place!

:smithicide:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Grandpa Pap posted:

Let's mash some franchises up! Give us an L&O set during original-era Star Trek, focusing on a team of Starfleet security redshirts that bust people for crimes on board the Enterprise, with the prosecutors being the guys at whatever Starbase they happen to drop the prisoners off at. You can have rotating prosecutors for all the courts-martial that would take place!

:smithicide:

Mirror universe L&O featuring an evil goateed Mike Logan and a drug kingpin Adam Schiff. Also, Captain Cragen is a crackhead who runs a vicious biker gang out of what used to be Queens (which was destroyed by alien lasers in 1993).

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
If Stabler returns, it needs to be in the finale. He also needs to have been bitten by a rapist so that he has become the dreaded were-rapist. Also there's a fire in the station and Munch gets a cat.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

I believe Law and Order: Cape Town should be close enough.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Alright someone will know this one: What's the episode of SVU where 90% of the episode is Benson on the phone with a kidnapped girl?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dickeye posted:

Alright someone will know this one: What's the episode of SVU where 90% of the episode is Benson on the phone with a kidnapped girl?

It's from season 7; the episode is called "911".

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Gonz posted:

Honestly, maybe it's cause I've moved down to south jersey, but L&O philly would be awesome. There's rapes and murders and drug dealers oh my! And philly would be aweosme to film it. Shame Sam Waterson lives in CT - if he lived in NJ it might be feasible to get him to guest star, but CT pushes it. Philly would be awesome for L&O.

Also, I really like the new season of SVU so far. The new detectives are surprisingly awesome. I especially like new what's-his-face. The stabler replacement. He's pretty cool - I like the whole "glimpses of personal life." I could do without the blatant skype plugging, but at least he's not the nutcase Stabler was.

Just sad about the lack of Munch. (make him lead detective of L&O: Philly!)

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 26, 2012

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Watching L&O:CI and realized that Goren likes to cosplay with elaborate setups just to arrest people.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Moose Bigelow posted:

Watching L&O:CI and realized that Goren likes to cosplay with elaborate setups just to arrest people.

Goren wasn't just about arresting people, or even getting them to confess, he was about making them utterly destroy themselves in his presence. If they weren't on the verge of a psychotic break when the cuffs went on, he wasn't doing his job right.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Moose Bigelow posted:

Dressing like a homeless person was his regular clothes. The detective suit was the costume.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
The mix of police investigation and court room drama is what has kept L&O Classic as my favorite police procedural. SVU moved the split from 50/50 to 70/30 and CI dropped the court room almost completely. While I enjoy watching DiNofiro, Noth or Goldblum bang out a great performance it just gets boring after awhile.

Flea110
Apr 3, 2006
I've recently discovered Law & Order SVU and have nearly completed season 13, which I've been enjoying a lot. Is it worth it to start from season 1 after this or are there certain seasons I should avoid or watch first?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Flea110 posted:

I've recently discovered Law & Order SVU and have nearly completed season 13, which I've been enjoying a lot. Is it worth it to start from season 1 after this or are there certain seasons I should avoid or watch first?

The early seasons are a lot different than the later seasons that for sure. The show gets very, surreal for lack of a better word and some of the plots make no sense. I tend to think the first seven or so seasons are legitimately good and then it comes off the wheels for a while, returning to form recently.

The first season though, they aren't quite sure how to break away from the original.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ah, another poo poo on the SVU Detectives episode.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Flea110 posted:

In the later episodes every murder or rape turns out to be part of a massive conspiracy of criminal organizations and rape addicts. If it involves teenagers there will be a sex club in addition to the criminal organizations. Originally there were almost no crazy conspiracies. From this we can deduce that the creation of SVU has stopped all crime other than the thousands of criminal organizations filling every street.

Here's my L&O:SVU season 5 billion episode. Benson goes on a shooting spree and during the arrest a mind control device is found in her ear. Meanwhile, Cragen decides to earn the department some extra money by offering a pet sitting service. Stabler appears and punches a window.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Oh boy Benson's brother, the hallmark of a lovely episode.

triteon
Feb 20, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

Oh boy Benson's brother, the hallmark of a lovely episode.

I've always felt that way about any appearance of Fin's son.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
I was watching TNT the other day and they had on the one where the guy is killed for wearing a biker gang jacket in the bar after his girlfriend set him up. They tried to pass off Word 95 as an internet message board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
God when are they going to add more Vanilla to Netflix.

• Locked thread