Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm looking for some books about shipwrecks, the aftermath of them, or just exploration expeditions that go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
My library has In the Heart of the Sea and Endurance in ebook, so it looks like that's where I'm starting. Thanks everyone.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I really enjoyed the mundanity of the “Life in a Medieval...” series written by the Gies’. I would like to know this thread’s opinion on whether they were based on good research. I would also like recommendations for similar looks into the mundane lives of people living in distant historical periods.

Ruth Goodman's books are marvelous for this. How to be a Tudor, How to Behave Badly in Elizabethan/Renaissance England, How to be a Victorian. There's also Tudor Monastery Farm, which I haven't read but seems to be a companion book of the BBC series she worked on (...Tudor Monastery Farm).