Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alberta Cross
Sep 15, 2006
Fortis Et Liber

This is THE World War 1 book. This is the first of a 3 part series that examines World War 1 in it's entirety. I've read it cover to cover, and it boggles my mind how much this man knows about World war 1.

Everyone who ever studies World war 1 should read this. It's a fast paced book on the beginning of the war, the players involved, and how it devolved into the poo poo show we all learned about. Just a solid read.

I was recently in Hawaii and just bought Hawaii Under the Rising Sun, and have to say that it makes some pretty bold claims (mostly that the Japanese were capable of invading Hawaii, when everything I've read has said the contrary). It does do a good job of highlighting some of the major Japanese influences throughout the 20th century leading up the Pacific war, but I think it's kind of aimless overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alberta Cross
Sep 15, 2006
Fortis Et Liber

Coolodile posted:

I found this in my local library. It's a pretty good read so far, I just finished the section on the first crusade. Should give a lot more context for the next time I play Crusader Kings.

This is an excellent book on the crusades. the last book I read was God's War, and that was an overly harsh read. Very academic. This one was a lot more enjoyable.