Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Just now finishing Before the Revolution by Daniel K Richter. The first half was a very interesting look at European colonization of North America by trying to frame the actions of both Europeans and Natives in the Native perspective, or at least not entirely through the European lens that written sources provide.

However, the second half has been kind of drudgery, mostly because of the increasing focus on European and colonial economies. If you can find it at a library, I'd definitely read at least the first 100 or so pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Stravinsky posted:

Also Medieval Lives by Terry Jones is a great show that talks about the daily lives of all of the different types of people who lived in Medieval Britain. I love showing it to people to remind them that the people from the past were not bumbling idiots.

The Renaissance in the Fields: Family Memoirs of a Fifteenth-Century Tuscan Peasant is exactly what it says in the title, a translation/abridgement/analysis of a few decades worth of (mainly business-related) entries from a farming family's record book. I couldn't actually bring myself to read much more than the introduction, but it may be of interest.