Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Weird question, but are there any good books on ancient history, African history or imperial China on Audible?

Edit: for clarity, I've been listening to SPQR on Audible, and I've been enjoying it. A lot of the history books on Audible seem like poo poo, though, which is why I'm throwing out such a large net. I can get more specific if there are more good books than I thought.

Hiro Protagonist fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

MathMathCalculation posted:

I don't have a book rec, but for African history I really like the YouTube channel HomeTeam History: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12lU5ymIvSpgl8KntDQUQA

They cover a huge variety of history from all of Africa, from specific kings/queens to offbeat things like the history of Nubian wrestling. There's even a few speculative videos thrown in, like why Africa has historically been perceived as a threat by Western countries and what that means today.

So if you like being thrown a random topic within the length and breadth of African history, it's rad.
That's funny, that channel was why I was looking for more African history information. It's a great channel!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Thanks, I'll definitely look into those.