Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Bought a book about Jacob Fugger that called the German Peasant war “the first battle between capitalism and communism”, tossed it and 10 dollars of my hard earned pay away.

Does anyone have any books about early modern commerce/bankers that aren’t unprofessional muck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

anyone got a book about the Arab conquests or German migrations? Basically any good books about the VolkerWanderung.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Anyone have any books on Somalia?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Epicurius posted:

Do you want a history of the place, or recent history and modern/post civil war Somalia?

anything that isn’t nonsense by I.M Lewis.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Any good books on post-Napoleon France? Wanna read about the bourbon restoration

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

any good books on early human agriculture/ late Paleolithic life?

I read after the ice, and I’m looking for something in that vein.,

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Safety Biscuits posted:

How was After the Ice?

pretty good

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

give me a book about the occupation of Japan or Germany.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

give me a book about the French Revolution that isn’t written by Whigs or Conservatives.

like something that is pro-revolution, or at the very least less biased

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

pleeeease. VDH.

if you stick to his work on his only achievement (Battle of Leuctra) then he’s not so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Anyone know of a book about Japan in the Meiji era that goes in depth about the life of the average person?