Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

The Monkey Man posted:

Are there any really good books about the Roma?

What specifically are you looking for? Just a general history and overview? I can think of a few academic publications that might do the trick rather than a book.

I've a done a bit of research in school on the Roma (not an expert at all) and have several friends in Romania I could ask, but I would need something more specific to give you a better answer, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Juanito posted:

I'm interested in reading about Romania during Nicolae Ceaușescu's regime and then the Romanian revolution. Any recommendations?

The Romanian Revolution of December 1989 by Peter Siani-Davies is a pretty good read. It's been awhile since I picked it up, but I remember it doing a good job of accounting for various viewpoints and controversies that took place throughout the revolution and after.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I've been playing A Plague Tale and it has piqued my interest in reading more about the inquisitions across Europe. I'm not sure if it's better to zoom in and focus on the Spanish Inquisition or if there is a nice survey of inquisitions in the Middle Ages.
On Amazon, I saw the textbook A History of Medieval Heresy and Inquisition by Deane, but wasn't sure if anyone here would recommend it.