Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I know I'm excited for that. Q, Twelve, and Elena were my favorite characters style-wise, but really the only mechanics thing you've got there is that Elena shits on Twelve hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

KidDynamite posted:

Training mode. Can't lose your e-honor.

When I get a new fighting game I have to practice execution for a while because I am literally so bad at it that people stop playing me after two rounds or so.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

darealkooky posted:

The throw tech tutorial is kind of bad because the game makes it so you have to hit the buttons as you get grabbed, while in a real game you can push it a second or so before and get safe.

Just mash grab and you'll be fine.

This should probably be in the OP or something. It's kind of a big deal for new players. Or not, I don't know.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Mike Z just owns that hard.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Anyone have any good Painwheel combo vids? Everyone I talked to, literally everyone says she's utter trash, and I'm inclined to agree, but I refuse to believe she doesn't have some kind of redeeming factor.

Watch the archived stream that chilldog (jmcrofts) posted a page or two back where he owns the guy streaming with his Painwheel/Peacock/Double team.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Nerokerubina posted:

I love the start of rounds where both people are using double assis because it's whoever calls double second wins, it's a pretty hilarious game of chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msa7tI7ngWQ

It's like this with more butt.

I couldn't resist I'm sorry.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Dizz posted:

Ah okay. I misread what was talked about and that the amount I guess gives her double or triple the frames of invincibility[?]

That can be the case without her being invincible throughout the whole thing.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Rocketlex posted:

:words:

The other thing is that board games are much slower. You can explain to someone during a turn what's going on with board control and possible upcoming mates and stuff. In fighting games everything happens really fast. Also, with online play nobody's going to help you understand what you did wrong, because it's some random guy you're never going to see or talk to again.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Broken Loose posted:

Yo, who wants combo adjectives?

Spoilers just in case some of you want to be surprised at the words next to your numbers.

999: You Can Stop Now

999 should've been "Hey there Desk! ;)"

Jmcrofts posted:

12 MORE YEARS
12 MORE YEARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT0bKo3_mEc

Also despite what the title says this is an intentional feature.

The more OH! OH! OH! OH! we can get the better.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
loving castling, no skill noob go get a gf, u spend all day playing this game, get a life

I wonder if they have a chess game on XBLA.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
The only way it could be better is a Cerebella hat in TF2.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Mega Comrade posted:

With the launch of Xbox live on PCs with Windows 8 things might change though.

Wait what, gently caress. Can't wait to play 50 bucks a month to play PC online.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Gutcruncher posted:

Edit: Plus XBL never cost that much. Maybe youre thinking per YEAR?

Yeah my bad, sorry. Still sucks though. I mean it's not much, but I am a penny pincher think it's kind of silly that Xbox is the only console where you have to pay to play online.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 3, 2012

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

AnonSpore posted:

I'm guessing grapplers feel unfair to new players because all their flailing barely makes a dent since they can't actually do damaging combos, and then one command grab shears off 20~40% of their life.

Day One Grappler Syndrome pretty much.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

just a butt posted:

e: just slap a skullgirls skin on puyo pop like 2/3 the characters in that game are girls already

Surprisingly it would actually make Puyo less anime. It's no Mean Bean Machine but I'll take it. I love the hell out of Puyo either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Cabbagepots posted:

http://i.imgur.com/Mt1Ud.gif

Hold the loving phone.

This is an upcoming character?

...what the FUUUUUUUUUCK? :aaaaa:

Sol Biggirl.

• Locked thread