Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
Speaking of Seohyun, are there subs for anything beyond ep. 68 of We Got Married? Soshified is now lagging behind more than a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

reflir posted:

Speaking of Seohyun, are there subs for anything beyond ep. 68 of We Got Married? Soshified is now lagging behind more than a year.

I got the subs for eps 69-72 from the sonems.net forums, and subs for the rest of the series from rdrsubs.org.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I had no idea that she was "married" to Yonghwa. Is he a beast in that tv show too? :v:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Lyer posted:

I had no idea that she was "married" to Yonghwa. Is he a beast in that tv show too? :v:

I actually was introduced to him via WGM before I ever started watching Running Man, so I was already a fan. Him and Seohyun made a really cute couple, mainly due to her unique personality. You really felt like they helped each other grow as people through the experience.

Also, he literally wrote this song for her (although she helped with some of the lyrics), so you know he's an awesome dude. :)

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Son of a bitch. Looks like I have another show I need to watch. He totally won me over in ep7 and she's one of my favorite members of SNSD.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Oh hey, I have another question! Why do they keep shouting 'fighting' in what I think is English?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I actually have a question, too! Watching a few Korean shows now, it dawns on me that the running times are really kinda weird. Likewise occasionally here too, I suppose, in that if it's BBC an hour-long timeslot will actually have an hour-long programme (or close to it), but how common are show lengths along the lines of RM or IV?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Kuno posted:

Oh hey, I have another question! Why do they keep shouting 'fighting' in what I think is English?

It's meant as a rallying cry to encourage the competitors to do their best.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Revenant Threshold posted:

I actually have a question, too! Watching a few Korean shows now, it dawns on me that the running times are really kinda weird. Likewise occasionally here too, I suppose, in that if it's BBC an hour-long timeslot will actually have an hour-long programme (or close to it), but how common are show lengths along the lines of RM or IV?

The thing about Running Man is that it airs as part of SBS' 'Good Sunday', which SBS treats as one program divided into two shows. Good Sunday currently runs around 3 hours (for a while it was 2hr 40min), roughly divided equally between the two programs. That's why many of the early episodes of Running Man are around 75-80 minutes, and the more recent ones run closer to 90 minutes. I'm not sure if there's commercials aired during or between the programs, but basically that's the reasoning for the episode length.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Just finished ep 8 here. I agree with the whole setting kind of detracting from the whole episode. Didn't feel like there were many interesting places they could hide in. The alarms were *ok*, but I felt the bells from the previous episode made things a lot better by loving with their minds more. I also think that a large part of the 1st segment being a sit down challenge made it seem the guests didn't have much to do. I was surprised at how well Victoria did at all the challenges though. The drinking game was the best part of the episode, you really see here the cast just getting a kick out of ribbing each other.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Just got through with episode 8. The hide and seek wasn't as epic as in 7, but it had its moments.

Park Jun Gyu giving poo poo to Jong Kook for treating him like Gary and HaHa was pretty funny. Is the whole 'respect your elders' thing really pushed to that insane degree in Korea? They also joke about Gary yelling "Hey you!" to YJS during the game. It's interesting noting cultural differences like that.

Also, the Gary/Ji Hyo moment at the beginning was hilariously awkward.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

My quick review of Ep 77

IU is just the most adorable singer ever. Kwang Soo and Chun Hee on the same team was fantastic! Haha getting offended that everyone thought he was shorter than Ji Hyo was great. The helicopter ride at the end was also pretty amusing. All in all an improvement for me over last week's episode.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
I just started ep 77, but you can already tell that IU's became way more popular since she was last on.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

Xandu posted:

I just started ep 77, but you can already tell that IU's became way more popular since she was last on.

When did the previous one air? I know she was on with Shin-Bongsun on that extra-long special.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Archer2338 posted:

When did the previous one air? I know she was on with Shin-Bongsun on that extra-long special.

Yep, ep 43, the one at that stadium.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Put your hand up if you're shocked Gwang Soo had IU's song on his phone? .... Thought so.

showdown
Jul 10, 2001

Smellrose
How does this compare with Family Outing? Not that it really matters since I'll probably watch it anyway but FO was probably one of my favorite shows until the cast changes.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

showdown posted:

How does this compare with Family Outing? Not that it really matters since I'll probably watch it anyway but FO was probably one of my favorite shows until the cast changes.

If you enjoyed Family Outing, you should enjoy this as well. Yoo Jae Suk and Jong Kook are as fun as ever, every cast member of FO makes a guest appearance at one point or another throughout the series (Lee Hyori's in the first episode), and the cast has great chemistry together.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Frustratingly, parts 1 2 and 3 of episode 13 are up on youtube, but 4 i.e. the part everyone says is awesome because of jae-suk's power wolf gang golf wang kill em all don't give a gently caress hour is not (or more specifically, it is blocked because of a copyright claim). KJKworld, the subbers for the parts that are up, also don't have a download link on their blog, just the videos.

Neither dailymotion nor vimeo have anything either. Does anyone have a solution? I have a running man ball shaped hole in my heart.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
There's a link to mediafire on isubs that has part 4.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
You can download every episode (well, up until 34 which is where I am at least) from http://www.isubs-squad.com/, although you do have to sign up to do so. I'd say it's worth it since 90%+ of the episodes have plenty of links in various resolutions.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Insurrectionist posted:

You can download every episode (well, up until 34 which is where I am at least) from http://www.isubs-squad.com/, although you do have to sign up to do so. I'd say it's worth it since 90%+ of the episodes have plenty of links in various resolutions.

Yes, everyone who's watching ahead, I highly recommend you just sign up for a free account on iSubs, as they've got a bunch of links for downloading/streaming every episode through Ep 71. Not to mention a full archive of the awesome Family Outing once you burn through Running Man.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Thank you.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Episode 9:
Guests: Lee Hong-Ki (Idol, FT Island), Kim Su-Ro (Actor), Shin Bong-Sun (Comedienne)

1 2 3 4

I suspect how much you enjoy this episode will hinge quite strongly on how much like you Shin Bong-Sun. This is a pretty awesome location; there are other theme park (or equivalent) episodes, but I don’t think any of them are indoors. Anyway, the first game is rollercoaster karaoke, which as you might well guess isn’t one of the more common challenges (karaoke, on the other hand, does show up a few times). I can’t say I’ve done much myself, but those seem to be really generous scores.

Then we’re back to the bells-on-shoes version of hide and seek, which should please some (including me, since it’s probably the best version). Jong-Kook immediately jumping in at the suggestion of groups being a bad idea was hilarious, but the continued loving with Gary just gets funnier every time, although he seems to be cottoning on. I think this is also the first time they start breaking out the Inception soundtrack, which works pretty well in these games. More of the horribly inappropriate amount of stuff in a drink game, too, and here’s another of the problems with non-normal subtitles, as they don’t actually explain what they’re drinking here. It’s apparently a sort of medicinal, herbal tea, though I’m sure someone with better knowledge than I will be able to explain in a bit more detail. Some of the “spoons” are getting a bit out of hand, too. I don’t really know how much of that coin-flipping game is skill and how much is luck, but there seems to be a lot of flipping games over the course of this show. Either way, it just goes to show that the simplest games seem to bring out the pettiness and childishness of the cast.

Finally we have more hot pants punishment, with added theme park accessories. Judging by some posts on here, I’m sure there are regrets that Joong-Ki wasn’t around again. Next time; yet more museums!

Selane
May 19, 2006

Some of the “spoons” are getting a bit out of hand, too.

Really wished someone had chosen that one...

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

For once I'm ahead of the curve! The rollercoaster karaoke was amazing. Kwang Soo getting the lowest score wasn't surprising, but still utterly hilarious. How come Gary didn't do it? Or was he edited out?

They weren't joking about the "game devil", god drat that guy owned hardcore. I loved the imperial march theme combined with the eagle sound effect. It was really cool of Jong Kook to play along with Bong Sun and I was rooting for them to win the hide and seek challenge once the Whitney Houston song started playing.

I didn't really miss Joong Ki at all honestly, I feel all the cast members right now have totally settled into their "characters" and he just seems to be the generic cool guy. Not that I don't like him, I just feel he doesn't make a big of an impacted compared to say, Kwang Soo or Haha.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Joong Ki is pretty funny. He seems to be the over confident person as time goes on and doesn't really live up to his boasts so they make fun of him. He's decent in hide and seek as well.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Lyer posted:

They weren't joking about the "game devil", god drat that guy owned hardcore. I loved the imperial march theme combined with the eagle sound effect.

Kim Su-ro was a cast member on Family Outing, and every time they played a game, EVERYONE wanted to be on his team, because that pretty much meant a guaranteed win. What you may not know from just watching Running Man is that Jong Kook actually had more of a 'clumsy' image from Family Outing, because every time he went up against Su-ro, he lost.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I suspect how much you enjoy this episode will hinge quite strongly on how much like you Shin Bong-Sun.

I can't see how anyone could dislike her, and she was amazing in this episode. I wish she was in every episode. I loved her clinging to Jong-kook and being his sidekick, and I loved him ultimately taking responsibility of her. They made such an awesome pair, and she was absolutely hilarious at everything she did. Best moment was with her going to town on Jae-suk and Suk-jin with that broom.

Soo-ro also owns. I love him on Family Outing, but it's weird seeing him only as his Game Devil self without any Wicked Stepmother thrown in. I loved that they kept the Imperial March music for him from FO.

Hongki is also pretty great too. Not much to see here in this episode, but he was great stuff on Oh My School. I did like how he managed to keep singing during the entire ride, while everyone else kept breaking.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Lyer posted:

The rollercoaster karaoke was amazing. Kwang Soo getting the lowest score wasn't surprising, but still utterly hilarious.

He sings again in a later episode and he's actually pretty decent. Trying to sing on a rollercoaster will do that to you though.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
So after watching about 25 episodes of this, I think I've gotten a bit of a man-crush for Jong Kook. Commander~ :swoon:

The 9-vs-1 hide and seek was amazing, as was him and Ji-Hyo teaming up.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Jamesman posted:

I can't see how anyone could dislike her, and she was amazing in this episode. I wish she was in every episode. I loved her clinging to Jong-kook and being his sidekick, and I loved him ultimately taking responsibility of her. They made such an awesome pair, and she was absolutely hilarious at everything she did.

Yeah, at first it seemed like she was going to get annoying pretty quickly, but the two of them actually made it very entertaining.

Was that the episode before Jong Kook had the back surgery (or whatever it was)? I just finished episode 11 and it seems obvious he isn't at 100% still, and I seem to remember him mentioning during that episode that he was already a bit off his game. He definitely isn't running very much.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
Bong Sun is great in everything but dominates so much i can see how people could hate her, especially her personality and effect coming into a show that's not hers. Guests not getting enough camera time/guests getting too much camera time. I don't know.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wahad posted:

So after watching about 25 episodes of this, I think I've gotten a bit of a man-crush for Jong Kook. Commander~ :swoon:

The 9-vs-1 hide and seek was amazing, as was him and Ji-Hyo teaming up.

I agree with your first sentiment though I wonder what would have happened if Gary and HaHa didnt make the deal with Commander because Jae Suk and the Guest that episode were close to finishing their mission It's easy to see why Gary and Haha always want to team up with Commander.

I liked Shin Bong Sun as a guest because at least she's active and lively. It's better than having a guest appear on your show and be all quiet and timid.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

I agree with your first sentiment though I wonder what would have happened if Gary and HaHa didnt make the deal with Commander because Jae Suk and the Guest that episode were close to finishing their mission It's easy to see why Gary and Haha always want to team up with Commander.

I liked Shin Bong Sun as a guest because at least she's active and lively. It's better than having a guest appear on your show and be all quiet and timid.

It was smart of Haha to figure out it was in his best interest to help Jong Kook. If JK wins, he's automatically exempt from the punishment. If the team wins, there's a chance he gets punished.

Bong-Sun is a regular on YJS' other show, Happy Together. She's pretty funny, even though her personality is pretty dominating. It's too bad none of the Infinity Challenge regulars ever guested on Running Man, though. I think any one of them would be hilarious.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm broing out for episode 52-53 guest god, myself. If Jong Kook has to take a show off, he should be the #1 guy to call.

(oh poo poo RM48 4/5 has an amazing sad/derpy Gary face scene)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 19, 2012

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Just started watching this, I'm on episode 5 now. Thanks for making this thread, it's a fantastic show :)

Lee Kwang? (the really tall one) is by far my favorite. Dude does his best and takes what he can in stride, except this means everyone else immediately feels bad for him. It's hilarious.

I also love the liberal use of music from artists/groups like Vanessa Mae or Bond, and all of the random video game music everywhere from stuff like Mario to Banjo Kazooie. It makes me feel right at home on this show.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Emalde posted:

Lee Kwang? (the really tall one) is by far my favorite. Dude does his best and takes what he can in stride, except this means everyone else immediately feels bad for him. It's hilarious.

I agree! Up to episode 14 or so and dude always tries, no matter how it works out for him.

Especially in Ep 14 with Kwang-Su handing out his card in the thief card bit, with his note story and treatment of Ji-Hyo which was hilarious.

Also, what's that show that's shown at the end of Running Man?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Cassa posted:

Also, what's that show that's shown at the end of Running Man?

Heroes, a variety show featuring 12 women (singers, actresses, comedians) which I'm currently watching through now and it's pretty good so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
It changes, too. At some point we start getting trails for the Korean version of that ice dancing reality show.