Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
This show is doubly as fun for me this time around having now actually been to Korea. Shouting at the screen "I've been there!!" never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Jessica :swoon:
Then I actually watched the rest of the ep. :smith:
I think I was expecting something like Sunny/Yuri, since I'm used to seeing SNSD rear end kicking from IY. Joking aside, she's one of the more funny/entertaining members of the group when they're on talk shows. She really was ill suited for this ep and I wonder if she had any idea of what she was getting into when she signed on.

Gary owns. I think after the handful of eps I've seen, he's become the guy I always root for to win. The picture challenges are hilarious, I wonder if he does it intentionally. Even if he does, it's pretty impressive he can keep such a stoic face when jumping around.

I loved the over-enthusiastic celebrations after the trash can curling event, there's something about being petty in victory that really hits the right notes. Do they continue with this trend later on? I'm not sad to see the golden pigs go, I agree that it was too random sometimes.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 12, 2012

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Something the members really should have clued into about the astronaut: why would he be holding an astronaut's helmet if he was already wearing one on his head?

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
What bothered me about Jessica wasn't so much her lack of athleticism, but rather her obsession with not messing up her hair and makeup when in the pool. She never once lets the water touch her face.

TV Zombie posted:

In watching the earlier episodes, I wonder when they start developing the characters I've come to know them as presently...like Commander Jae Suk, Grasshopper Jae Suk, Ace Ji Hyo, Monday Couple-Gary/Jihyo,etc.

Some of these aren't so far away:

Jong Kook (I think you meant him) emerges as a team leader fairly soon. The Monday couple love line starts around episode 8, and Ji Hyo officially announces it at the start of episode 16.

Grasshopper isn't a Running Man thing. I believe it's from some of his earlier comedy work.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

The Grasshopper nickname is an old one form back when Jae Suk was doing comedy skits in the 90s. It's a common nickname for him so it'll appear often enough in the show with it assumed you know he is called that.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Just finished episode 22 (the Christmas 2010 episode). I get a kick out of Ji-Hyo emerging as perhaps the biggest bully out of all the cast members.

I struggle to understand why exactly Ji Suk-Jin is there, though (aside for being around Yu Jae-Suk's age). About the only thing he really brings is the "I Swear" running joke. I can't imagine his position changing this far along in the series, but does he have any standout moments in later episodes?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

He and Gwang Soo become best pals later. He doesn't have much but he's pretty entertaining usually when they're just hanging around. Unfortunate when the premise of the show is to play games and not hang out.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

doomisland posted:

He doesn't have much but he's pretty entertaining usually when they're just hanging around. Unfortunate when the premise of the show is to play games and not hang out.

Yeah, pretty much. In the first few episodes he was actually my favorite guy there, simply because most of the cast hadn't found their niche, which he didn't need to do his usual jokes and gags. I'm only on episode 19 so far, but at this point it's very obvious that he's completely useless for the main running event, and generally doesn't get much screen-time for the other games either. I still like him when he's shown, but he definitely seems like the most ignored/expendable member of the cast.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Now I'm trying to figure out what role each person plays on the show:

Jae Suk :Main Host
Jong Kook: Muscle/Eye Candy for Women
Ha Ha: Comedic Foil for everyone else
Gary: A Celebrity to bring in Young Viewers
Kwang Soo: Someone to elicit sympathy from Viewers
Suk Jin: Someone connected to Old Variety shows/Someone to bring in Older Viewers?
Joong Ki: Eye Candy for Women/Brains
Ji Hyo: Eye Candy for Guys

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Xandu posted:

On the topic of bad episodes,

The only one I really hated so far was episode 23 at the ski resort. Some of the others weren't great, but that one didn't work for me on any level. I think the problem was the guest just sucked.

Just from the preview at the end of episode 22 had me wondering "whoa, what's going on here? Who's this guy?" And not in a good, anticipatory way.

Watching 23 now and ugh, I do not like this guy (Hyung Rae).

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.
I had no idea this thread existed but I've watched all the episodes to date and I can't say I really didn't enjoy any particular episode.

I can see why many people would not like Shim Hyung Rae because his sense of humor is very old-fashion Korean. He does a lot of "body gags" which basically the rest of the world has moved on from. I like to think of him as the Mr. Bean of South Korea.

I'm not sure what the rules are for sharing links to websites that subtitle this show but if anyone is interested, PM me instead.

edit: I didn't read the bold text in the OP. If anyone wants more up-to-date raws, there's a place for that too.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

Cizzo posted:

I had no idea this thread existed but I've watched all the episodes to date and I can't say I really didn't enjoy any particular episode.

I can see why many people would not like Shim Hyung Rae because his sense of humor is very old-fashion Korean. He does a lot of "body gags" which basically the rest of the world has moved on from. I like to think of him as the Mr. Bean of South Korea.

I'm not sure what the rules are for sharing links to websites that subtitle this show but if anyone is interested, PM me instead.

edit: I didn't read the bold text in the OP. If anyone wants more up-to-date raws, there's a place for that too.
Well, even by the 90s his show/corner had ended, I think. I don't mind his style of comedy (I used to love it when I was younger), I just despise him as a person.

Also, doesn't Jihyo sort of fill a bigger role than just eye candy? She serves as someone to foil the female guest off of, and just generally does more than eye candy (I suck at writing to describe better). The earlier episodes are before she sort of sheds her dainty/actress image though.

I mean, compare Haha/Gwangsu fawning over her in the earlier eps to her being criticized for being old/not prettier than the guests or something in the latest eps :v:
And Sukjin definitely does have a role with getting the older audiences to watch (ie, perhaps the parents of the young kids watching), since they want to try to have as broad of an audience as possible. We also need someone that fails pathetically often, or fills a role that's not being physically adept.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

Archer2338 posted:

corner

Is this a direct translation from the Korean? I've never seen that word used in that context outside of Korean tv discussions on the internet.

Re: Jessica, it's a shame there's no nice English translation for the Dutch word 'aansteller', but that's exactly what she is. Drama queen/putting on airs/whining about inconsequential things/acting like a spoilt princess all cover some aspect of it, and while it doesn't really fit any of those, you probably get the gist. She is 'allergic' to the smell of cucumbers. Before I saw that episode of Hello Baby, I wasn't even aware cucumbers had a smell. She can't eat raw sea food. There's probably a ton of other things she won't eat because she's a whiny baby. She usually doesn't get involved in competitions, instead going "mwehhh :-(" and sitting silently in the background (seen really well here in the pool scenes, but also during the chases and the bin curling).

That said, I do actually like her a lot (as opposed to, say, Hyoyeon). She also sings really well, with really only Taeyeon on the same level as her.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Jessica's nickname is "Ice Princess". She tried for a short time to fight off that description, but now she's come more or less to embrace it. She's a strong introvert in a career field dominated by over the top extroverts, so her aloofness gets magnified. She has a very American sense of humor, much drier and more subtle than what you typically see on Korean TV. She doesn't have the strong competitive streak you see in other idols, so she won't make herself look silly by her own standards just to "win" something.

None of that makes her unlikeable or a bad person, just maybe not suited to variety shows.

Selane
May 19, 2006

For the record, I object to the term 'spoiled' being used to describe someone that(like all Korean idols) works 16-20 hours a day 7 days a week. Also, that cucumber thing isn't made up, around 1% or so of people have a weird response to their taste/scent and get really sick from it. It's actually mentioned in the wikipedia article for cucumbers.

She's actually pretty funny since she has a good personality, but exerting herself physically is pretty much #1 on her list of things she doesn't like...so it'd be more accurate to say that Running Man is exactly the type of show she shouldn't be on.

You think that's bad, you should see what she's like when she has to run around and has to deal with a tropical climate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1ZnJraL0I

So sometimes the other members complain too, but hey, everyone has their shortcomings :v:

Selane
May 19, 2006

Archer2338 posted:

Also, doesn't Jihyo sort of fill a bigger role than just eye candy? She serves as someone to foil the female guest off of, and just generally does more than eye candy (I suck at writing to describe better). The earlier episodes are before she sort of sheds her dainty/actress image though.

It's funny because like you said her role kind of did a complete reversal. Like look at the episodes we just watched, 4-5 or so. Everyone's like 'yay a pretty girl' and fawns over her. Nowadays she's basically there to establish a baseline female presence. So whenever a female guest shows up Haha or whoever can be like 'boy Jihyo she sure is younger and/or prettier than you how do you feel about that? :v:' just to annoy the poo poo out of her.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I love Jessica. She's not stuck up or "above" doing anything, but she just... doesn't do things, and it's often hilarious. The concept of putting someone on Running Man who isn't likely to do much running is hilarious. I love Jessica.

Girls' Generation had a big stage performance set up at the MAMA and all the girls did dances before going into a rendition of "The Boys." Everyone, except Jessica. Her part in the performance was to fly across the stage on a platform. Because gently caress dancing and gently caress WALKING even. That is her concept. I love Jessica.

loving hell, I laughed at these episodes until I choked and saw spots. The constant sneaking into the blue team's group and messing with Gary's head was just too goddamn funny, and then when Jaesuk did it again during the garbage can curling game, I needed to take a break. I couldn't figure out where he was running to, and then... Oh god, I needed to lie down.

It's great to see the different thought processes and the intelligence of the different people and teams at work on the challenges. In particular, when the red team had to get the nametag off Jongkook, they inspected their own tags to discover Jaesuk was also marked, and sent him off to hide. Meanwhile, the blue team just went after the red team. I can understand why the production team had to make things a bit more fair by communicating like they did.

On the other hand, I would encourage far more lying and cheating. Take and hide Jaesuk's nametag after reading the numbers off it and figuring out what they mean. Then go to the lockers and take the blue team's clue and throw it away.

As an aside, I felt Joong Ki's sorrow when he approached the group thinking Dara was there, but it was actually Jihyo. How does one find any joy in life after having such dreams crushed? :(

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

saintonan posted:

She doesn't have the strong competitive streak you see in other idols, so she won't make herself look silly by her own standards just to "win" something.

She actually used this image to her advantage when SNSD recently guested on an episode of Dream Team. For the final challenge, every other member predicted she would be the first one eliminated, and were shocked to discover she's pretty freaking fast (when motivated) and I think she made it to like the final 2-3 or something.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0esA4j0yszo Start from around 6:35 and see what happens.

Jamesman posted:

I love Jessica. She's not stuck up or "above" doing anything, but she just... doesn't do things, and it's often hilarious. The concept of putting someone on Running Man who isn't likely to do much running is hilarious. I love Jessica.

Agreed. Another funny example was when (Ep 63 spoiler) They get to the mall to do the couple outfit challenge, you cut to Jessica pointing to something offscreen and she and Gary start running, and then they stop and sit down 5 seconds later and you realize she was pointing to a food stand to get snacks.

qbert fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 12, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Basically Jessica is the best and she will be mine.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Archer2338 posted:

Well, even by the 90s his show/corner had ended, I think. I don't mind his style of comedy (I used to love it when I was younger), I just despise him as a person.

That's completely understandable.

Archer2338 posted:

I agree with this. Jihyo fills a much bigger roll than eye candy. In the early season, she was basically unbeatable. I think that's why all the guys basically treat her like one of the guys. They don't have to be delicate with her, she's a monster.

Archer2338 posted:

I mean, compare Haha/Gwangsu fawning over her in the earlier eps to her being criticized for being old/not prettier than the guests or something in the latest eps :v:

I feel like that's more so just them being used to her presence and being more comfortable with her.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Spoilers for the concept of upcoming RM 79.

Yoo Jae Suk dressed as Sherlock Holmes! AWESOME.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Thanks for introducing me to this, skipped a bit ahead to episode 8 and finding it incredibly enjoyable to watch. Probably going to through the whole lot quickly.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Yeah, I have to change my statement of Ji Hyo. In the first couple of episodes, it seems like she would be a guest like Goo Hara or Jessica but as I'm watching episode 8 now and I know from later episodes, that Ji Hyo is an ace.

I really wonder how the producers figured out who to put on this show because they have great chemistry together.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

reflir posted:

Is this a direct translation from the Korean? I've never seen that word used in that context outside of Korean tv discussions on the internet.
It's not a translation, but the Korean word is the English word "corner" phoneticized
into Korean characters. I don't know why they use corner as well - the Korean usage refers to like a smaller part of a show, like one Gamsu Castle on Gag Concert or something. Maybe it's from boxing, because the "corners" of the shows are somewhat competing with each other for more popularity or something?

EDIT:
VVVVVVV Oh, so it IS used in that context. Never mind, then; that makes a lot more sense.

Archer2338 fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 13, 2012

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Archer2338 posted:

It's not a translation, but the Korean word is the English word "corner" phoneticized
into Korean characters. I don't know why they use corner as well - the Korean usage refers to like a smaller part of a show, like one Gamsu Castle on Gag Concert or something. Maybe it's from boxing, because the "corners" of the shows are somewhat competing with each other for more popularity or something?

Well the term "corner" has been used to describe recurring segments on American tv/radio shows for years, so it's nothing necessarily unique to Korea.

qbert fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 13, 2012

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

TV Zombie posted:

Now I'm trying to figure out what role each person plays on the show:

Gary: A Celebrity to bring in Young Viewers
Ji Hyo: Eye Candy for Guys

I have to disagree on both of these.

I'm only on Episode 15, but I am loving the little Monday Romance storyline between the two. They are absolutely adorable when they are being shy, and this is coming from a 34-year-old American male -- which means I'm technically not even allowed to use the term "adorable" unless I am talking about puppies.

I think the suggested romance between the two adds a bit more depth to the characters than just eye candy, particularly when you have Gary letting Ji Hyo escape during episode 12 or 13?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Zen Dudeism posted:

I have to disagree on both of these.

I'm only on Episode 15, but I am loving the little Monday Romance storyline between the two. They are absolutely adorable when they are being shy, and this is coming from a 34-year-old American male -- which means I'm technically not even allowed to use the term "adorable" unless I am talking about puppies.

There's one episode later on where they (very minor episode 34 spoilers) sneak off to a cafe instead of doing the mission that's totally adorable.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Speaking of Monday Couple things, on New Years Eve Leessang, which Gary is one of the members of, had a concert and during the song Ji Hyo came out and sang the female portion of this song and Gary the other part. If you read the lyrics it's pretty funny that they did it. The song is apparently banned from appearing on TV before 10pm since it is too lewd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLUhpiIElEY

doomisland fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 13, 2012

Selane
May 19, 2006

doomisland posted:

The song is apparently banned from appearing on TV before 10pm since it is too lewd.

It's not 'lewd' but the video has some pretty amusing suggestive moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rza4xuw6wus&feature=related

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phXurKxtN-I&feature=related

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Selane posted:

It's not 'lewd' but the video has some pretty amusing suggestive moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rza4xuw6wus&feature=related

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phXurKxtN-I&feature=related

That was the language the article used I read. Obviously it's tame by western standards but in Korea it is "lewd".

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

doomisland posted:

That was the language the article used I read. Obviously it's tame by western standards but in Korea it is "lewd".

Yup. The 'Ministry of the Gender Equality & Family' determined the -lyrics- as being too suggestive and marked it as 19+ (18+ by US age), and as mentioned, it can't be broadcast on TV during "family hours". It's the same with other artists as well, including many idol groups.

It's crazy. If you have something like "Drink away your sorrow" or something in the lyrics, you'll get marked for 19+. All the music labels that appealed the decision won though, so...

I'm voting for the presidential candidate that promises to kill that particular conservative-as-gently caress ministry in the upcoming election :v:

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Episode 6:
Guests: Son Dam-Bi (Loads of stuff), Se7en (Singer), Kim Shin-Young (Comedienne)

1 2 3 4 5 6

A nice surprise for the veteans of the IV thread. I liked Jae-Suk’s immediate suspicion of the apparent easy route, though this time it doesn’t serve him well at all. And Jong-Kook’s idea to try and see which of the various passers-by weren’t looking at them, and then getting roped into drawing the crowd’s attention. And the contrast between Gary and Jae-Suk’s recognizability. And the winner gets a Running Ball; these are going to last for a very long time, though their final use (here a lottery by team) gets changed around a bit, and a brief return of loving with Gary. And the guest announcer is Kim Yu-Na, who I mention because she’s probably the only person to be on this show that I’d actually heard of before I started watching.

The fact that Haha on the tins is only enough to bring him level with Kwang-Soo is hilarious to me. This game looks like a recipe for damaged feet, and I’ve actually had a pair of these kind of boots that were less so easily twistable. Clearly the reaction to last week’s nametag mission was good, because we have it again (and it’s probably the precursor to the true hide and seek missions), though the twist of having the team decide amongst themselves who’ll be the hiders means there’s the potential for the other team try to guess based on that (and the teams to try to bluff with unexpected hiders, which both do). And it also means they get to try and bluff who the hiders are, which Jae-Suk managed to fail spectacularly at but still succeed.The love locks are pretty neat. I think they have a similar tradition elsewhere; I know in Paris for certain, at least.

We’ve then got the “speed drink something with a randomly-chosen amount of additive in it”, which crops up now and then, and I know people who’d be very happy with a rice spoon full of sugar in their coffee. It’s also the first occasion of seeing Jong-Kook’s weaker side of his athletic nature; he doesn’t like eating or drinking anything at all unhealthy, which causes occasional problems. And “it no longer has anything to do with the numbers” is by far the funniest caption so far. And finally there’s united badminton, which is more like trash talk badminton.

Good guests this episode. Se7en was alright, and certainly willing to give it a go. But Shin-Young being hilarious, and Dam-Bi just looking so drat enthused about everything (especially compared to Jessica) was great.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
So I just rewatched the 4-5 eps with the subs - is that the best subbing group available for RM? Some of the captions are just translated blatantly wrong.

For ex: The water jumping challenge, when Jihyo sneaks up on Gary to gently caress with him-
Gary's comment (also written as a caption) is translated as "You are weird, I thought your mood was bad a moment ago"

Yes, there is the word "weird" in there and some relation with mood and bad, but totally missed the point of the gag.

What he actually said is "Strangely, I don't mind that at all" IE: because she's pretty he doesn't mind it, and it's supposed to be funny because it seems like a pickup line or something.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Those were actually translated by a different group than a lot of the others, probably because SNSD was on it, but yeah, sometimes the translations are off.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Just finished episodes 27 and 28, and even with the changes to the format they were really quite good. The excellent guests contributed a lot to that (Kim Byung Man's pretty awesome: charismatic, talent, amazingly athletic and small enough to fit inside your pocket).

And I have to admit to crushing on Song Joong-Ki pretty hard. :swoon:

Edit: That stunt with the traffic cone...ugh, gently caress that. That looks absolutely excruciating.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 14, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
YG really needs to let their talent off the leash more often. I love seeing their people on variety shows. In particular, I just want more 2NE1, but I liked Se7en in this episode. Solid competitor and good sport. Highlight was the "hugging match" he and Joong-ki had during the bucket-stilts game.

I've heard of Son Dambi, and listened to some of her songs, but this is my first time actually seeing her AND seeing her in a variety capacity. She was pretty great and gung-ho and got really into the games.

And Shinyoung was in top form, as expected. It's funny to see so many similarities between Shinyoung and Hyori when it comes to playing games. I kind of wish they were on the show together.

The hunting game was spectacular. Blue team was really on fire with a great combination of luck and skill, and were in line for a killer victory. It was really exciting to watch, instead of just being funny.

Badminton game was hilarious. Very little badminton going on and just a lot of funny bickering.

I actually liked the lottery concept too. Winning challenges to earn balls to increase your odds of winning the lottery seemed like a fun "dick move" concept for a show that's based around fast and loose rules with reversals of fortune. Kind of a shame it's not staying.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Archer2338 posted:

So I just rewatched the 4-5 eps with the subs - is that the best subbing group available for RM? Some of the captions are just translated blatantly wrong.

Ep 4-5 are one of the handful of episodes not subbed by iSubs, which does (apparently) a MUCH better job with translating the dialogue. I'm sure most of the eps posted by Revenant will be from iSubs, but please feel free to clarify mis-translations, as it would be really neat to discover new meanings to conversations in hindsight.

Jamesman posted:

I've heard of Son Dambi, and listened to some of her songs, but this is my first time actually seeing her AND seeing her in a variety capacity. She was pretty great and gung-ho and got really into the games.

She's also appeared in a variety capacity on Infinity Challenge and Family Outing, so she and Yoo Jae Suk go way back. She was great on those as well (and it doesn't hurt that she's quite easy on the eyes).

Jamesman posted:

I actually liked the lottery concept too. Winning challenges to earn balls to increase your odds of winning the lottery seemed like a fun "dick move" concept for a show that's based around fast and loose rules with reversals of fortune. Kind of a shame it's not staying.

Don't feel too bad, the lottery format sticks around for many, MANY episodes to come. I think the last episode that uses it is Ep 41.

qbert fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 14, 2012

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
Watched Ep6 again with the subs - yeah I think the low quality of the Ep4-5 has to do with the different subbing group.

The iSubs group seem to be pretty drat great - I couldn't see any glaring errors minus a few typos or something.

And seconding the Son-dambi love. She's awesome as a guest on variety shows; she appeared on IC for one of the concert projects, if anyone is interested in seeing her there.

EDIT: I do love how all the cheating/loopholes influence the results - ie both teams don't even catch the 2nd person - adults use a stolen radio, and the children find it via brute force :v:
And props to SDB for actually going through with the punishment. Some guests before/after this don't do the punishment, but although she is a popular female singer, she still carried out a somewhat embarrassing punishment.

Archer2338 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 14, 2012

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

For Episode 6, I hate the having to find the one person in the crowd challenges. That always seems rather impossible. I wonder how much time they spend on that particular type of challenge. In terms of the drinking challenge what is the medicine like drink that they struggle to take down? I'm tempted to try some myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

TV Zombie posted:

For Episode 6, I hate the having to find the one person in the crowd challenges. That always seems rather impossible. I wonder how much time they spend on that particular type of challenge. In terms of the drinking challenge what is the medicine like drink that they struggle to take down? I'm tempted to try some myself

I'm pretty sure it was just terribly portioned instant coffee.