Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«178 »
Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPV_bL_YOho

I honestly have no idea what thread to post this in because it's like ambient/post-rock/electronic/trance fusion, but this new Jon Hopkins album is so loving good, holy poo poo.

this real good

soís the new Courtney Barnett

yearís been good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Can't wait for the new album from c

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/19/...hange-elon-musk

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Uh dude you didnít italicize it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

"Why is it blue?"
"It's always blue."

c Boucher run

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

c:\Windows\system32\musk_takeover.exe

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Tesla model c-grime incoming

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!

Slandible posted:

I've mentioned them before, but I finally got to see Charly Bliss tonight and oh my, they are incredible. Insane amounts of energy and a total freaking blast of a show. They are wrapping up their tour currently, but they are a must see in my book.

They're apparently coming to Chicago in October with Death Cab so I guess I should set me some tickets.

hi liter
Oct 2, 2010

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I saw Andrew WK last night and that show loving ruled highly recommended if you can make it to one.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

captainOrbital posted:

They're apparently coming to Chicago in October with Death Cab so I guess I should set me some tickets.

I'm glad to get more people on Charly Bliss hype. I've had their album going all year long and cant get enough of it.

Going through my current year playlist, I am trying to find stuff I frequent more. I think this White Reaper track has been coming up a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtnTUrnres

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Slandible posted:

I'm glad to get more people on Charly Bliss hype. I've had their album going all year long and cant get enough of it.

Going through my current year playlist, I am trying to find stuff I frequent more. I think this White Reaper track has been coming up a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtnTUrnres

White Reaper's record was from last year

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Doesn't matter, it is also good when played in this year

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Glass Animals was very good and energetic live. Would recommend.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob

Fan of Britches

those peanut butter vibes, man

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Last night, I saw Chvrches on a stage that was way too small for them. Having a drummer on stage didn't help the spacing much (they have a drummer touring with them now, by the way!). BUT it was a really fun show and the new material sounded great. I can't wait to hear the new album in full in a few days.

Looking back, I've seen a lot of great shows this month. Courtney Barnett, White Reaper, Wye Oak, Florence + the Machine, Margaret Glaspy, Maren Morris, Arctic Monkeys, Car Seat Headrest, HAIM, Middle Kids...

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

BadSamaritan posted:

Glass Animals was very good and energetic live. Would recommend.
I really wanted to see them last time they came through here but the tickets were like loving $50 before fees. I didn't want to see them that badly.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Glass Animals rule live, would also recommend.

interpunct posted:

Last night, I saw Chvrches on a stage that was way too small for them. Having a drummer on stage didn't help the spacing much (they have a drummer touring with them now, by the way!). BUT it was a really fun show and the new material sounded great. I can't wait to hear the new album in full in a few days.

Looking back, I've seen a lot of great shows this month. Courtney Barnett, White Reaper, Wye Oak, Florence + the Machine, Margaret Glaspy, Maren Morris, Arctic Monkeys, Car Seat Headrest, HAIM, Middle Kids...

Jealous. Forever sounds like a cool track. I'm glad they're closing with Clearest Blue now, such a great live song. It will definitely be interesting to see them play with a drummer, excited to see them this fall.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

interpunct posted:

Nice. I am hoping they add more stops on their tour, they aren't coming even close to my area.

Did the drums really add much? Feels like their music can just back track it to better effect.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."

Fallen Rib

Dude, this is a great photo. It looks like she's looking right at you!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

http://www.thefader.com/2018/05/22/...fake-news-tesla

grimes is actually cancelled

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

That Tesla choker permanently rewired her brain

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Slandible posted:

Nice. I am hoping they add more stops on their tour, they aren't coming even close to my area.

Did the drums really add much? Feels like their music can just back track it to better effect.

I hope youíll get to see them this album cycle!

To answer your question: I, personally, feel like the live drums add a new dimension to their live show which got kind of repetitive after repeat viewings.

DasNeonLicht posted:

Dude, this is a great photo. It looks like she's looking right at you!

Thanks! Hahah, I felt kind of bad just taking a few photos because it looked like half the front row was just holding their phones up all night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Romantic and Square is Hip and Aware!

Do I want to see Courtney Barnett here next week? I really like her new album.

«178 »