Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Slandible posted:

I cant remember the last time I payed over $40 for any ticket, you guys in big coast cities?

I am thinking of seeing Bad Bad Hats tomorrow. It will cost 10 dollars and probably have 20 people max at it. Mmmmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUC6m82xEc

Love seeing Bad Bad Hats when they tour the midwest. Great energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

A Bad King posted:

Hi thread. I'm at the San Fermin concert for Chicagoland and none of my friends care. I care. I'm here, and I'm so dang stoked I gotta tell the internet.

Nice! post later and let me know if the show was good.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The new CHVRCHES is definitely their weakest but I'm still enjoying most of it. I'm a sucker for well-made synthpop, though, and that's definitely their forte which they're still sticking to.

Although they're playing here in October and I don't know if I'm gonna go. Tickets are like $45 after fees, which seems steep for a band like them. I already saw them a couple years ago (I think it was right after Every Open Eye came out) at a festival and they were great then, but the setlist was like exclusively songs I wanted to hear back then too.

what makes you think it's their weakest? I'm genuinely curious.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Have you heard The Bones of What You Believe or Every Open Eye? Those are way catchier. They have tracks that stick with me even years later. Love is Dead has some good tracks, but I don't know that they have that kind of staying power. I listened to the album once. It's not like it's the kind of album that makes me want to listen to it over and over again.

both of those are some of my favorite songs this past year. I get it. I've listened to the whole album 2x now and it's kind of growing on me. I need to see them live.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

‡‡with Perfume Genius

I do want to say that Perfume Genius is pretty great stuff.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Slandible posted:

Its what I hope for when I walk into every venue. Little to no phones going up, no drunk/high people smashing into everyone, and everyone just being chill.

all the people glad to have a babysitter that night and get to leave the house.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

cptn_dr posted:

Finally there's Emily Fairlight, whose new album is a strong contender for one of my favourites of the year so far. It's gloomy and haunting and somehow a lot more upbeat than I expected, and again shows off NZ's ridiculously strong indie-folk scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFhutyZQr0

hoooo boy, this is good. I've listened to the album 2x this morning while at work.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

DasNeonLicht posted:

La Luz played really well last night.

I was a little worried when I didn't see Alice on stage, but it sounds like her dad died, so she won't be playing with them for a few days. :smith:

that sucks. cool you got to see them live though. Coincidentally I've been listening to them this morning while at work.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

gently caress i miss that voice

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

One of my favorite products of the Minneapolis indie scene, Bad Bad Hats, have released a new album. It's a definite step in maturity since their debut album and the sound is much smoother and refined.

Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raMDTscQoiM

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Slandible posted:

Ohhh, I saw them early this year and I really enjoyed them. I can't tell if the lead singer is super weird, or just super mid western.

Madd came across my discovery list and I am really into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6m1b9bIYFw

she's just a funny weird person. hung out with them a bit after the show. very chill folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

also I've been listening to MADD tonight, and it's great garage post-punk stuff. nice find and share.