Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whoever mentioned Los Campesinos!, thank you. I just got a couple of their albums, and they're fantastic.

I'll spit in one of my own in return, The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. You've almost certainly heard one of their songs before, between a beer commercial (Golden Age) and an iPod commercial (Around the Bend), but it's really happy poppy music, and their new single, Heart Attack is their best yet, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grantonio posted:

Yeah, Some Nights by fun. seems to be a pretty amazing album. You can all stream it(do it) at ournameisfun.com

My favorite tracks on it so far are probably the intro that SB mentioned above, All Alone, and Stars.

I discovered Fun. today in probably the most roundabout way, someone posting a link to We Are Young, which I had only heard through Glee, and when I listened to it, I realized that it was a band that contained the lead singer of The Format, who released Dog Problems, which I love. So now I'm listening to their first album, and I'm really close to ordering both Fun. albums on vinyl.

Just some really solid pop music. I love it, like a more production heavy Tinted Windows.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The autotune bugs me a little, but I'm sure that will go away after future listens.

I'm really mad that I'm gonna miss them when they come to Iowa City. I'd love to see them do a show, this sounds like it will be very conducive to live shows.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god, next month is so loving exciting. New Beach House, Best Coast, and Teen Daze, all within 8 days of each other.

Also, you sound like you have very similar tastes to me, JohnnyWarbucks, so I'll recommend Girls and Telekinesis as well.

edit: And Cults. It's really poppy in comparison to all of the others, but gently caress it's so catchy.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 2, 2012

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pksage posted:

Washington DC band Jukebox the Ghost just put out a new single, and it's amazing. They've been compared to Phoenix a lot, but that's mildly disingenuous beyond the occasional dance-y beat. Give 'em a listen if you like upbeat/poppy indie stuff.

The new single ("Somebody"): http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2012/04/09/150123340/jukebox-the-ghosts-hopeful-longing-you-can-dance-to
Their site, streaming older songs: http://jukeboxtheghost.com/site

This is really awesome, it's like a combination of Fun. and the voice of John Darnielle.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Walked posted:

Hey, someone toss me a new album suggestion. I've been through this entire thread; but I literally have spotify on for 8hrs+ a day and that means I run through music insanely quick.

Latest two items that really hit me just right

The Lumineers - The Lumineers
The Head and the Heard - The Head and the Heart

(that said, I can really throw The Head and the Heart the same level of endorsement I'd toss to The Lumineers).

edit: VVV Quick listen so far so good, will give an album a full run. Thanks VVV

Not an album, but the We Are Hunted app on Spotify is a great sampler platter of a bunch of different bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Every year it's the same poo poo. You hear the albums you hear, you don't hear the albums you don't, but then the next year comes. Are you like me? Do you end up starting fresh every year and never really getting to a lot of the music you meant to check out? I do it every year.

This year I decided to address it. I've listened to everything I thought looked interesting. I'm blasting through my 2012 backlog now. Anything I missed the first time around - OFF!, TNGHT, Ty Segall, Deerhoof, Crystal Castles. It's all here, it's all getting heard. Winamp tells me I have 23 hours of unheard music from this year, so I'll make it easily.

Anyway this long and rambling post is really just a cover to tell you all something.

Man, this Chairlift LP is loving bomb as poo poo. This is my jam. Soooo good.

Yeah, this is getting some serious play from me too. I just love that poppy sound, it's kind of Vampire Weekend-esque.

edit: No wait, I'm thinking of Hospitality. Chairlift is good too, but Hospitality is just awesome.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 21, 2012