Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

CancerStick posted:

I've recently been digging The National pretty hard the past month or so. I just saw they are going to be in Cincinnati, Ohio next month and thats about 35 minutes from me. Must see? Underwhelming live? Any insight appreciated before I pull the trigger.

I saw them in NYC last year and they were really good. If you like their last album then you should see them. They did not play a lot of older songs at the show I went to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

Count Chocula posted:

Bob Mould is touring soon, playing the Sugar album Copper Blue it it's entirety. I may go.

Don't miss out on this show if it comes near you. I went to the Brooklyn show last month and it was amazing. He plays all of Copper Blue, about 3 or 4 new songs, then goes into lots of old stuff from Hüsker Dü, Sugar, and his solo material. The show here was free but I was going to pay to see it before it was moved to an outdoor venue.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

Twee as gently caress posted:

Anyone else excited about the new GBV album dropping very soon? I thought about making a megathread/introduction to GBV but I'm not sure how many people actually enjoy them here

It can also be pretty hard to get into a band when it makes Prince in the 80s seem lazy and procrastinating in terms of releases.

I would love to see a GBV megathread. They have been one of my favorite bands since Mag Earwhig! came out and I've seen them more times then I can count at this point. It can be extremely overwhelming for anyone looking to start listening to them so a primer thread might be really good for beginners.