Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The Mountain Goats put on an incredible show in Minneapolis last night. Had a brief interlude of Solidarity Forever and There Is Power in a Union with the audience singing along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

thecluckmeme posted:

With a promise that when he comes back next, he will do all the verses.

I was pretty drunk at the time but I'm pretty sure there were three encores? I went outside to smoke after the second one because setlists were all showing two encores and I heard No Children start and bolted back inside
Hell, four even? May have my order of events mixed up, but I think he left the stage after No Children and seemed to surprise the rest of the band by popping back out after 15 seconds to do Heel Turn 2 and four minutes of, I don't know, improv? I've been to their last two shows here and the finale was definitely more energized—he definitely seemed to be enjoying himself.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
It's been out for a few months now, but if you're a Mountain Goats fan and haven't yet listened to The Jordan Lake Sessions, get on that immediately. It's a positively joyous reprisal of a broad swathe of the band's work and, as much as I love the lo-fi aesthetic in a lot of the early albums, they're glorious in hi-fi so long as you have a decent set of speakers.

Volumes 1 and 2 are out now, 3 and 4 are recorded and yet to release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrDgsveJwQ