Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

No one's brought up the new Animal Collective?

http://www.myanimalhome.net/

Honeycomb/Gotham

Both sound super awesome to my ears!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

Japandroids are playing an indie festival next year, but they said they’re not doing sideshows. I went to the festival twice (it’s St Jerome’s Laneway) to see The Hold Steady, and there’s usually a lack of rock acts. I really don’t know what to do; I need to see Japandroids but the other music is probably really bland or bloodless. Are any of these bands good or exciting?

Alpine, Alt-J, Bat For Lashes, Chet Faker, Cloud Nothings, Divine Fits, El-P, Flume, Henry Wagons and The Unwelcome Company, High Highs, Holy Other, Japandroids, Jessie Ware, Julia Holter, Kings Of Convenience, The Men, Ms Mr, The Neighbourhood, Nicolas Jaar, Nite Jewel, Of Monsters And Men, Perfume Genius, Polica, Pond, Real Estate, The Rubens, Shlohmo, Snakadaktal, Twerps, Yeasayer

I don’t know why but this is really upsetting me. I’ve had a very annoying week, and I knew Japandroids were coming, but I wanted them to do a sideshow and I don’t want to deal with Laneway crowds.

If you like Japandroids, you're gonna love Cloud Nothings. loving loud, great sound. Same goes for The Men, but I'd put them a little under both.

Yeasayer is a great show if you're into that 80's Boy George, ABC sort of sound. Nite Jewel, Nicolas Jaar, Jessie Ware are sort-of in that fun dance pile.

Perfume Genius is very emotional, powerful, and raw.

Bat for Lashes is inbetween the latter two categories I mentioned.

e: So Cloud Nothings and The Men if you're just sticking to that punk sound. But those others mentioned make good shows too.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Posted about these guys in the vinyl thread, but I may as well post about them here, too. The guys are called Sunbeam Rd. and they have their first album out, Breathers.

http://sunbeamrd.bandcamp.com/releases

If you like that early Beach House/early Real Estate sort of Walkmen kind of vibe, then maybe these guys are your thing.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I was listening to Sirius XMU yesterday when this popped up. I was surprised not by how well it worked (for me) but how I hadn't heard it before. It was the b-side to the single. Maybe it passed by other Grizzly Bear fans too, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPI7oU-fuGw

While You Wait for the Others (featuring Michael McDonald on vocals)