Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

bows1 posted:

Going to see Julien Baker, Aaron Dessner, Kevin Devine, Craig Finn, and Ben Gibbard cover Frightened Rabbit songs as a tribute to Scott tonight. Its gunna be crazy

poo poo how did I miss this, hope it's as good as I'd expect given that all star lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

i'd like antarctigo vespucci a lot more if chris farren didnt do the majority of the singing :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0a6biyLVgU

Sounds a lot better live but kinda agreed. Also the funnest show I went to all year, him and Jeff are just great together.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

anyone here like PUP?

they have a new album coming out soon

here's their latest excellent music video. really all of their music videos are incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iVrOOCYD80

Love them, always fun to see live and their videos are fantastic.

Saw Ted Leo last night and his stage banter only gets better every time. Love when he does a solo tour complete with random covers and weird effects.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was gonna go last night but I was exhausted and didn’t feel like making the 1.5+ hour trip to BK. I think I’ve seen Ted upwards of 20 times though

He threw some new cool effects in The High Party that I hadn't heard before but was otherwise a standard Ted set so you didn't miss much of you're already seen him a few dozen times.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

I still love all of those bands and grew up in long beach so I'm gonna go

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

If you're in NYC get a ticket to see Jeff Rosenstock at Bowery in the next 3 days, killed it tonight as always.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Paperback Writer posted:

some of my favorite Bright Eyes songs are the b-sides. Trees Get Wheeled Away, Loose Leaves, Cartoon Blues...

And his first solo album has aged really well, just listened to it the other day.

Loose Leaves is so good, it's weird for how prolific he was that he saved some great songs for EPs and always had a few weaker spots on his albums. I always really enjoyed the split with Neva Dinova too, those guys complimented each other really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Saw the Faint last night and they are still rad. Kick rear end light show and played a ton of old stuff while running around on stage.