Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I realize I'm more than a little late but holy gently caress Kill for Love by Chromatics is a fantastic album. Night Drive was pretty good but the jump from that to Kill is goddamned huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

This one I'm just having a hard time with. I think The Page and Lady are fantastic songs, but that album is nearly 80 minutes long and the middle bores me to death. There's a lot of talent there, but between this and what I've seen live, they are nowhere near as good as they could be.

You don't like These Streets Will Never Look The Same or Broken Mirrors? :crossarms:

It's kind of a weirdly structured album, actually. The majority of the first half is vocal tracks and the majority of the second half is instrumental tracks, almost like they wanted to create one album of melancholy indie-pop stuff and one album of atmospheric instrumental stuff and decided to smash them together after recording both. But I love both of those facets of the band (I'm actually surprised at how much the songs with vocals are grabbing me given that Tick of the Clock and Accelerator were the only ones I really loved on Night Drive), so I'm not about to complain.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Criminal Minded posted:

Oh hi there. :v: Needless to say I agree. Ever heard their In the City EP? It's pretty good but it has what might be my favorite thing by them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nzqFCTld0g

But yeah. Kill for Love is probably my favorite album in years, I was listening to it obsessively a few weeks ago. I might have to turn it on again. Italians Do It Better in general is pretty sweet; Desire has a great album, and Glass Candy's stuff is all pretty solid, with a few standout tracks. Nobody else that stands up to Chromatics, though. I'm dying for them to come somewhere in the midwest. Ideally KC or STL so it'd be a hometown show for me, but poo poo, if it's Chicago or Minny or something I'd still make the trip to see "The River" played live. :allears:

I was gonna see them in Austin the day after my birthday this year, but the guy I was gonna go with (and whom was going to drive me there since I am without a car) flaked out because he planned a date with my ex for that day. To say I was unhappy would be the understatement of the damned century.