Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just listening to the 4 or so Gorillaz songs leaked, 2 of which are not even the full versions, they sound wild. A madman loving made this poo poo. Charger and Submission are kind of crazy, whatever Andromeda is doing sounds cool, I dig the slow roll of Busted+Blue and Saturn Barz. Busted especially has beautiful lyrics.

I'm sure some people will hate them due to this not being Demon Days II but man I'm intrigued to hear where the gently caress this crazyass album is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real Name Grover posted:

Just a reminder that the Manchester Opera House show(s) was pretty much the high point of the 20-aughts and if it doesn't pick you up after a lousy day, then you're dead inside. Dead. From the bassline in "O, Green World" to the kids in "Dirty Harry" to De La loving Soul to Shaun Ryder being Shaun Ryder... :)

...Goddamn, those kids in the "Dirty Harry" performance are in college and poo poo now, I can't believe this is 11 years old next week.

E: Forgot to note that performance features the B-side "Hong Kong" which I can understand leaving off Demon Days, but goddamn is it beautiful

The D-Sides album had a handful of tracks that could have easily been mainliners they were so good, particularly Happy Landfill which was the original title/intro track and then got booted off. I really hope they tour global, I was lucky enough to see them at MSG years back but would love to get in on it again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I feel like I've been waiting an ETERNITY for this after Hunt said they were working on something 2 years ago. I loving love this new song and immediately kickstarted to the Pledgemusic thing. Holy poo poo it's been so long, I forgot how much I loved them and I adore the new images and headers they are using, seems like they're going back to a Witching Hour feel.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DasNeonLicht posted:

I have high hopes for this new album too. Velocifero had a few bangers, and I liked some of the experimental song structures they had on Gravity the Seducer, but they were sort of disappointments to me overall. I just don't find myself wanting to listen to them as much as much as I do their first three albums — 604 is so delightfully analog and they sound so young on it, Light and Magic is so sexy and summery, and Witching Hour is just such a complex, complete album.

Do you (or does anyone else) listen to Helen Marnie's (d.b.a. "Marnie") solo stuff? I really liked Crystal World. Same great voice, same great synth sound (the record was produced by Daniel Hunt), but the lyrics are really well written and more emotional and vulnerable than anything Ladytron's done. "Submariner" still bowls me over. That outro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEj44OoG1Y

Have actually just listened to Crystal World recently and totally agree on Submariner. I actually loved Velocifero and thought Gravity The Seducer was very good, even if it had a few very obvious and boorish filler tracks. I still think the first 4 songs on that album are fantastic. But yeah I'd love for something smooth akin to Flicking Your Switch to crop up on the album. The Animals sounds like a mix of Velocifero and the older stuff so I'm enthused with a march away from the crystalline world that Gravity The Seducer was comprised of, going back to the blacklights of the first 3 albums.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think the new self-titled Ladytron is probably one of their best yet. The Animals and Deadzone especially are two of their best tracks in ages but the album as a whole has almost no weak points, unlike Gravity The Seducer which had 4 bangers start the album and then gradually devolved into filler tracks and bizarrely lame instrumentals. New album feels like the real step forward since Velocifero but has a lot of great cues from Witching Hour.