Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I've recently been digging The National pretty hard the past month or so. I just saw they are going to be in Cincinnati, Ohio next month and thats about 35 minutes from me. Must see? Underwhelming live? Any insight appreciated before I pull the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

interpunct posted:

The National is not performing at that festival, but they did last year. Bryce Dessner is curating it/will be performing in collaboration with Nico Muhly and Sufjan Stevens.

http://www.americanmary.com/tour.php

https://twitter.com/musicnowfest

Looks like it was very recent.

EDIT: Looks like I read both wrong. Definitely read Twitter wrong. I assumed since it was under Tour on their website it meant for them? That's a bummer.

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 11, 2012

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
New Bombay Bicycle Club album dropped yesterday.REALLY loving like it after one listen

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Is the thread where I can post about the new album of The War on Drugs: Lost in the Dream and how awesome it is?

It is awesome with the whole eighties rock feeling it has going on.

It is great. Anybody see them live? Next month they are about an hour away for dirt cheap.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Question. Going to a music festival this weekend where Father John Misty plays at 4 and Temples plays at 430. Anybody seen either of these guys live that can give some input as to how good of a show they put on that might make me lean towards one or the other cause right now I'm split

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yeah. I ended up staying for all of FJM and still ended up being able to catch temples. Temples were alright but FJM was just loving great.

Tame Impala in the pouring rain as the sun was setting was just loving incredible, though, even with some sound issues at the start and a shortened set due to lightning. Magical.