Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Captain_Person posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who got their board game.

I'd actually really like to see them live one day. I'm not as huge a fan as I once was but I still love The Hazards of Love. But since I live at the bottom of the world they either won't come or will charge far more for tickets than I care to spend on them.

I've seen them live a couple of times, they put on a pretty fun live show. The first time was the Hazards of Love, actually, which they did straight through (before doing another hour-long set of their older songs).

These days I kind of hate their lyrics, but I like their sound in general so I'm still on board for a new album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wait, did people hate the last Decemberists album? We're talking about What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World, right? I really liked that one.

Then again I also liked The King Is Dead and The Hazards of Love on the whole so it could be that I'm just the world's wrongest Decemberists listener.

I'm just starting to listen to the new album now. I like Severed well enough but we'll see about the rest

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oh so they're just straight-up singing "everything is awful" in that song huh

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

CHVRCHES is amazing live. Just, gently caress. So good.

I just saw them in Milwaukee last Thursday, they kicked rear end. Totally worth driving an hour and a half each way on a work night (no, really, I would absolutely do it again)

Also, speaking of CHVRCHES, new video for Graffiti:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDSVLQoPc8w

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really like this one and I can't tell if I'm crazy or not

Also I think this has been posted before, but I finally got around to listening to the Hansa Session LP from Chvrches and I really like it. If I try to describe it--"what if Chvrches but with lush, melodramatic strings instead of synths"--it sounds gimmicky, but I think it really works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJiMckc-EQc

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 27, 2019

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

This might be the best Chvrches album

I feel the same way. It dropped at exactly the right time for me and I can’t stop listening to it. Great driving music, too. Final Girl is my favorite track for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm kind of furious Final Girl didn't get a video (yet?)

On the one hand I wish it could've been a single and gotten a video, but on the other, it was a really delightful surprise when I first listened to the album. That and Lullabies really caught me by surprise.