Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

St Vincent's album's been out for a few days now. Okay a few weeks but streaming doesn't count because not FLAC, right? :smuggo:

I got to see her in London last Thursday. If you're still not sure whether or not you should be buying tickets for when she's near you, stop what you're doing and buy those drat tickets. You're in for a good show. Also check her out on the Colbert Report from earlier this week.

Few spoilers:
There wasn't any Love This Giant stuff. Entire setlist was stuff from her own albums. Encore ended with slightly extended Your Lips Are Red, also there was Krokodil in which she fell over a lot on the stage but no stagedive (closest thing was putting one foot on the barrier and letting people touch her guitar). Pretty much all songs extended with a guitar solo of some kind if it didn't have one already. Thought Marrow was actually shortened.

Finger-in-plug-socket hairdo was equipped.

The show's not static like her last few tours. David Byrne's taught her some tricks and there's a bit of choreography and showmanship.

Supposedly Carrie Brownstein was in the audience too but I don't know anything about that.

Incidentally, here's David Byrne sort-of rapping.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

interpunct posted:

I saw St. Vincent last night and attended that event where David Byrne performed "Just a Friend" the night before. St. Vincent's theatrics definitely appeared to be Byrne-influenced and it all seemed to loosely reflect to the whole Digital Witness moniker of the tour. For those one the fence about catching these live shows, I second the recommendation for checking it out.

Ooh you lucky sod. I pine to see David Byrne again - I've only seen him so far on the Love This Giant tour.

May actually travel all the way to Glasgow for St Vincent again in May. Not too sure yet. But it'd definitely be worth it.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

This is great but why don't the audience put those drat phones down :ughh:

Need to start confiscating those things at the entrance.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

T Fowl posted:

Which what was loving awesome about St. Vincent's show I saw. A computerized voice comes over the PA right before she starts all whimsical like and says PLEASE DO NOT FILM/KEEP YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET. ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT LOOKING AT VIDEO OF IT LATER.

It was awesome and NO ONE pulled out their phones to shoot/record during the set.

When she played with David Byrne, Byrne spoke from behind the curtain to ask everyone to think twice about blocking the view of the people behind them with their iPads. It was effective.

A few people filmed both then and when I saw St Vincent, though. Just not as many as in that video which is just irritating.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

More St Vincent dates in Europe. I'm gonna have to go see her in London again, I think. Presales start tomorrow.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

St Vincent on Jools Holland last night. Was a 1:1 reenactment of the live show, down to the choice of dress. I imagine tonight's SNL thing will be much the same.

If you're English, it's on iPlayer. If you're not English, you can do some magic and make the BBC think you are. I think it involves dressing your browser up with a monocle or something? But if you're a purist about this kind of poo poo and you're planning on seeing her live anyway, I'd give the TV appearances a miss actually. Since all the theatrics are there and I kinda believe they're meant to be a surprise since it's completely different to anything she's done before. Watching Jools or SNL might just spoil it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

All Born Screaming is St Vincent's best in a while. The previous two were mostly forgettable, this is something else though.

Real bass is back - guess she's over her obsession with synth bass. Percussion is punchy. David Byrne influence is very much there - Big Time Nothing would be right at home on Feelings.

Shame she's not anywhere near my town on this tour.