Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Didn't know quite where to leave this but I feel here is as good a place as any. I picked up some vinyl today and got some download codes if anybody is interested.

Chvrches - The Bones Of What You Believe

Urpressing.com/downloads
Code: *used*

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Download.jagjaguar.com
Code: *used*

These are for whoever gets them first, enjoy :)

Stelio Kontos fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Got another download code from a vinyl purchase if anyone's interested. It's for Cursive's 10 year anniversary re-release of The Ugly Organ. It includes 7 b - sides (several that I've never heard, and I'm a pretty huge Cursive fan).

Saddle-creek.com/digitalvinyl
Code: Z72YZGBA

Enjoy!

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Punch Card posted:

Used it, very appreciative!

Edit: Was familiar with all the B-sides unfortunately but I'm still happy to have them all in one place.

Also if you're ever bored, there's a guy on youtube who has most of Cursive's songs with lyrics (with a couple mistakes peppered about) that's pretty cool to kill time with. You'll find it just by poking around.

Awesome, glad it got used up. And yeah after I popped the b side record on I realized that I wasn't familiar with 2 out of the 7 but it's still nice to have them for sure.

And to the folks with download codes, I've posted a handful in this thread so far and they all get snatched up pretty promptly so I'd say post away :)

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Vinyl download code drop off time!

Foals - Antidotes
Subpop.com/download _ code
Code: mqt9wxsh6ja6

At the Drive-in - Relationship of Command
http://bit.ly/atdiroc
Code: 296-AKH-853

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica
Web.epicrecords.com/modestmouse/moonvinyl
Code: 1QSU-C8FH-PRDV-2HCZ

Enjoy!

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

I was going to take this but it wants a 15 digit code? :confused:

Did you include the "-"s?

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Schremp Howard posted:

I'm really digging this new Purity Ring album.

Me too. Any standouts for you yet? I'm really loving how hooky Megan got with her vocals this time around, "sea castle" and "heartsigh" come to mind immediately. And the synths really channel Crystal Castles on a lot of these tracks which is pretty huge for me.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Schremp Howard posted:

Big winners for me are Stranger Than Earth (that middle synth part is so good), Begin Again (really like the overall feel as a dark pop song), Dust Hymn (synths again sealing it for me), and Heartsigh (for being sufficiently weird with its effects).

I'm wondering how my standouts here compare to the favorites of Shrines. Amenamy was far and away my favorite followed by Obedear, Belispeak, Crawlersout, and Lofticries.

At any rate I wish they were coming closer to me on their tour, I saw them... maybe in 2013 and it was great if not short. WOuld love to see them again with more material.

My favorites on Shrines mimic yours, almost completely, I'd replace obedear with fineshrine, but only from a lyrical standpoint. Begin again is really perfect as a pop song. It just... works.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
My local record store broke street date, so here's a code good for 4 uses to download the new Bon Iver

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

BonoMan posted:

Just tried... says it won't be active until street date!

Doh! Well try at midnight :)

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Album is spectacular. It hit me as immediately great, something bon iver, bon iver couldn't do.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
That's awesome that so many of you got to download it!

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

BonoMan posted:

I actually went and bought it myself I liked it so much. So thanks for the preview!

Right on! Glad I could be of assistance!

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

angrygodofjebus posted:

The new Phantogram leaked a day early.

You Don't Get Me High Anymore is probably the worst track on the album.

I've been eagerly awaiting this one, it definitely doesn't disappoint.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

angrygodofjebus posted:

Agreed. It is short, though. But what is on there is all very, very solid.

Barking Dog has my favorite vocals I've ever heard Josh do.

Short is good sometimes, between this and the new Bon Iver, there's just a little over an hour of music, they don't overstay their welcome.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

jeffLebowski posted:

psa: the new pinegrove is literally 'more pinegrove' but in the best possible way.

Came here to post exactly this. They switch it up a little with some extended instrumental passages that are soothing and awesome too. Loving the vocal rhythm on Spiral a whole lot. Great band, great release as expected.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Lid posted:

That was my album of the year in 2012, i'm glad their live shows are loving great but sad they haven't topped Shrines in the decade since.

Definitely haven’t topped it, but it’s hard to make something better than perfect. They came close with Womb with the more introverted lyrics and darker tones, but the lack of vocal fuckery that made Shrines so brilliant was kind of a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I’m not entirely sure if this belongs here, but the new Murder By Death album is simultaneously their most chill and cohesive effort yet. I’ve adored these folks for over twenty years now and it’s amazing how consistently good their albums have been with a sound that in the wrong hands would’ve gotten stale quick.

https://youtu.be/GObJzDfBY-I