Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

There are many different opinions about what Radiohead’s peak was, but it was definitely between OK Computer (1997) and In Rainbows (2007). Everything before and after is significantly worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Beyond and Farm are really, really good (haven't listened to Give a Glimpse.. but heard positive things)

Jesus Christ how is the new Dinosaur Jr album that I still haven’t checked out loving five years old. Is this what being old feels like?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

T Bowl posted:

The whole discussion was why a music website has shifted its focus a bit and that is all about clicks.

The other genres get more and more clicks and are more relevant to youth. There will always be young people into alternative music but relatively it's much smaller.

I don’t think people who read Pitchfork can be classified as „youth“

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

BigFactory posted:

Get enough people to cancel their Spotify and maybe it will mean something. Or convince enough other musicians to pull out. Otherwise it’s just the crankiest old man doing the same cranky old man thing he’s done for years about everything.

If it was grade A pop stars doing it and a bunch of them? Be more interesting.

That would obviously be better, but this is still getting the message (Spotify pays right-wing lunatics to spread their propaganda on Spotify) into the public. The more that happens, the better.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead's Source Tags & Codes is 20 years old today. It was a hell of an album back when it came out and it's still a hell of an album today.

One of those bands I regularly forget even exists and every time I rediscover them I’m astounded at how good they are. Source Tags & Codes is a such a great album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

That entire album is great