Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I saw Mitski and Palehound in Hollywood last night and it was the greatest show I've ever seen. I'm still freaking out about it.

We got to the venue a little late because we got caught in traffic but we still ended up catching most of Palehound and hooooly crap I'm glad we made it when we did. I still caught all my favorite songs (Room, If You Met Her) and they were playing with so much more intensity than I expected. Ellen was big and loud and shredding in a dang muumuu and made my gay lil heart flutter. I bought a shirt from a cute person at the merch table during the intermission.

Mitski was mindblowing. She had the most unreal stage presence, just standing still in the spotlight commanding the entire venue. At one point she kneeled down on stage and just looked over the crowd slowly and people were losing it. I might have been the most hyped person there because I was jumping up and down like crazy and singing every single song as loud as I could while most folks were doing the lame-o indie head bob thing. Their loss!! The guitarist was doing some wild effects and even managed to nearly get a sax tone out of his guitar for Happy which was insanely impressive to me, and the drummer had a ridiculous bass trigger that would rattle the entire theater (which thankfully he used in moderation).

Mitski played the last handful of songs solo. She had her hair up in a neat bun but let it down and picked up the guitar and it was just so good. I cried when she played A Burning Hill as her outro and again when she played Last Words of a Shooting Star for the encore.

I'm so exhausted at work right now because I didn't get home until after midnight but it was so worth it aaaaaaaaaaaa thank you for indulging me and reading my personal diary, namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah Ethan or whoever was obviously a predator and Alice was a homeless crust punk at like 14

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I liked japandroids back in the day but I still lol when I remember a story I read about how the lead guy positions a fan in front of himself so his hair blows dramatically in the wind

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
electric feel is a good song to pretend to know the lyrics to

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

angrygodofjebus posted:

Uhhhh so apparently the new Chvrches album is already done: http://ew.com/music/2017/12/12/chvrches-lauren-mayberry-new-album/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

angrygodofjebus posted:

I've seen Chvrches seven times, but at the last two they played High Enough to Carry You Over instead :(

It was still good, but wasn't Under the Tide good.

I have seen chvrches zero times share u freakin selfish jerk

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I def think bones was a more coherent album than eoe but eoe has a lot of great songs. Clearest blue has the most fantastic crescendo I love it so much

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
big fan of grimes claire boucher's song's here

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I'm a big fan of chvrches, like, you know, ch"v"rches yeah haha okay now you know what I'm talking about

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
see tune-yards. support queer artists.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
All shows should be GA

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
All shows should be GA and all ages

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
You can have bars at all ages shows

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Support youth in music and be there for young punks and queers

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
If you're worried about shows you go to being completely overrun by teenagers then consider developing a more mature taste in music

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I don't want to see or hear teenagers therefore they should be barred completely from ever seeing any concert I also want to see

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Did you consider like not standing next to the teenagers

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I bet a lot of your favorite artists would be disappointed

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

BonoMan posted:

Ha, I'm sure there's some curation here - but this is a neural network created Coachella poster and it's pretty loving perfect.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2018/1/23/16924680/coachella-lineup-botnik-studios

I'm Ben sex and also boneo

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Isn't that guy a creep

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Sick burns in the Indie Rock/Pop/Folk/Electronic Megathread...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

interpunct posted:

I love Charly Bliss, but I worry for Eva's vocal cords sometimes.

Fun fact: the band's lead guitarist is the voice of Dash from The Incredibles.

That technique doesn't hurt ur vocal cords it's the same thing grimes does too

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Big City Drinkin posted:

Is it actually a "technique"? I just assumed these women had naturally helium-high voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAiNk7baN_I

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Aves Maria! posted:

I spent so much time listening to this and understanding so very little. vocalists are inscrutable

try this: put ur hand around your throat, and sing a steady tone. then just like, choke urself a little bit. just a little bit, pushing ur palm back into ur throat. that will force ur epiglottis to close partially and u should be able to notice at least a slight difference in tone

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Singing is my fetish, sorry

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I'm a singing addict. I sing multiple times daily. I do group singing and also pay for private sessions

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
i wrote a thread in musician's lounge that never really went anywhere and also contains a number of factual and grammatical errors because i was sleep deprived when i wrote it but go dig it up if you want some explanation, namaste

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Do you also sell used microphones? :wink:

A capella group recording: $100
Singing lesson recording: $250
Old singing lesson recording when I was really bad: $500
Me singing a song of your choice: if you have to ask you can't afford it

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
vhs collection loving sucks

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Billy Corgan is an idiot dipshit who literally goes on conspiracy shows so I don't get what the issue is

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Don't give him money u enabler his music sucks

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Whorelord posted:

I nearly walked into billy corgan whilst half running to the toilet at a festival because I needed a piss.

He looked annoyed but he always does.

Should have pissed on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I'm writing a song called "Kill Ethan Kath" and it's me screaming EAT poo poo CLAUDIO over and over for 2 minutes