Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I saw Crystal Castles live at Hollywood Palladium last month. It was insane. Not in Love was the goddamned tits live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like both REALiTis. Initially I was put off by the album version, but I really love its galloping beat and I would say that it's now my preferred version. The demo is moodier and more Visions-esque, to be sure, but this one fits right at home on Art Angels.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

Were any of you at Newport Folk over the weekend? Offa Rex (the Decemberists + Olivia Chaney) were amazing, as was Rhiannon Giddens and of course Billy Bragg in everything that he does.

I didn't see it, but Colin Meloy is a great show man.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do I trade my Crystal Castles records in for bottom rate prices at the record shop or just give them to a Goodwill

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I also have that black eye/bruised face Marilyn Monroe Crystal Castles shirt. Evetytime I think about it now I make this face: :stare:

Got to get rid of some records and two CC shirts...

CC had been a top three group for so long. Ah well... I get to still support Alice.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Interpol is trash after Antics

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like Rest My Chemistry

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is the new HEALTH good?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
New Ladytron SNAPS. Lotta bangers.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maynard makes bad wine, I’ve been told.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like Charli XCX's "Track 10" but there are hella better songs by her - is this a case where the site's list may have influenced the reader's list? Maybe I'm just in the minority on preferring other tracks by her.

But also lol at those top six spots. Especially To Pimp a Butterfly. I'm struggling to think of an album that received such high praise and then fell off the face of the earth within weeks, if not days.

Also: "Hannah Hunt"? Not "Ya Hey"? A travesty.

Alec Eiffel fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 16, 2019

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know anyone who was talking about it a month after its release and I work adjacent to a SoCal record store, so it's not like I'm in Wyoming. "Alright" got plays and "King Kunta" is a good song, but I don't know, man, it dropped off the cultural radar like Game of Thrones just did.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angrygodofjebus posted:

The reader's poll was taken before they released their lists.

Huh. There's some overlap (e.g. Charli XCX's "Track 10") that is crazy coincidental then.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

resident posted:

I'll officially feel old when Night Ripper hits its 20th anniversary since that was prime college party drinking music. Greg Gillis really needs to plan some kind of mid-life crisis tour celebrating that bygone era.

Man, I miss Girl Talk. All three albums (Night Ripper to All Day) had regular rotation at my parties too.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lots of the artists represented on that list had better albums than the ones they picked

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drake, Janelle Monae, Mitski, Tame Impala, Future, Danny Brown, Beach House, St Vincent, Beyoncé

Depending on the day, Grimes and Robyn

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Owned by Jenny Lewis

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

monument feat robyn by royskopp is one of the best songs of the last decade imo

do it again ftw

Alec Eiffel