Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Does anyone know if Sufjan Stevens "Christmas Sing-A-Long" tour, is really just singing along to Christmas music, or is that just part of his gimmicky concert serieses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Yeah I could really go for a bit more Christmas music. Not some novelty version of Jingle Bells sung by a 5 year old, just, you know, music, that is about Christmas. This is my favorite holiday, and one of my favorite "yeah, this is where I want my life to be right now" moments is throwing on a little Christmas music, lighting a fire, and letting the tree and the fire (and the XBMC visualization) be the only light in the room.

Hell, suggestions? Are there Christmas compilations of indie pop bands that I don't know about?

e: Not. Zooey. Deschanel.

That main female singer that tours with Sufjan Stevens, Rosie Thomas has a pretty good career herself. I liked her cover of that Peanuts classic, Christmastime is here and the whole album is likable.

http://rosiethomas.bandcamp.com/track/christmastime-is-here

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Gio posted:

I use to really love Los Campesinos! but ever so slowly got annoyed to death by the twee-ness in their music.

I know little of the band's background other than "Hold on Now, Youngster" which had its moments. But lead singer just seemed very punchable, like a dbag pretending to be twee cause he read it was a way to score.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 30, 2013