Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jacksonchan
Jun 29, 2005

Waverhouse posted:

So I've been turned on to the Avett Brothers, and I really like their album Four Thieves Gone, but when I go to look for more stuff it looks like their stuff gets less banjoey and more sappy with time.

I was hoping someone could recommend some folk bands that have some solid banjo/harmonica stuff, or just some more upbeat folk stuff in general. I like the weird punk/folk sound the Avett Brothers had and I want more of that, but my own forays into the genre (never listened to folk stuff before) aren't turning up a whole lot.

Here are a few suggestions:

Andrew Jackson Jihad - definitely punk/folk
O'Death - bluegrass/punk/folk
Frontier Ruckus - banjo folk/rock/bluegrassy
Of Monsters and Men - Icelandic, male/female vocal harmonizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU