Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancin Jesus
Aug 22, 2005
The new Flying Lotus album is streaming on NPR now

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/23/161299030/first-listen-flying-lotus-until-the-quiet-comes

After 3 listens, I think it's fantastic. Much more relaxed than Cosmogramma, but it feels more cohesive as well. Great moods throughout, and Thundercat's bass work is terrific as always. I'll need to listen to it more, but this is probably in my top 5 of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancin Jesus
Aug 22, 2005

Master_Odin posted:

Saw CHVRCHES the other day (Sunday) at Union Transfer in Philly. Great show, really high energy, and then there was no encore. This is like the most confusing thing in the world when a band just...doesn't come back and the house lights turn on. Ton of people milled around and everyone was kind of "uh...what's going on here?". Daughter did the same thing, maybe UT is just cursed. :iiam:

I still think this is Phoenix. They sound just so similar in terms of singers, drat.

When I saw M83 at UT, they didn't do an encore. But The Hold Steady did. Hmmmmmmmmm