Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

I listened to Fully Completely so I can better understand why Canada is grieving today and it sounded kinda like Michael Stipe fronting Pearl Jam, but not as good as either. Do I need to be Canadian for the Hip to click?

If you want to understand why we're grieving and aren't fond of the music spend more time reading about Gord Downie as a person and maybe you'll get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

I'm a fairly big fan of Japanese Breakfast, and saw her recently. She puts on a pretty energetic and emotional show and thought it was pretty good, but if you're not a huge fan I'm not sure I'd recommend it. For me it was worth it just to see "Diving Woman" live, and was pleasantly surprised by a handful of other tracks which I thought were much better live than on the records.