Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Has anyone delved into the privacy policies of the various fitness tracker devices and their apps? Maybe its a bit early to be asking this since the ecosystems are still just sprouting but I figure at least some of these companies are going to try and sell the data their devices capture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Seriously though who cares?

I like at the least to be aware of what level of data, anonymized or not, is being used and for what purposes. A little paranoid? Yeah I guess.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

From my own research it seems the Basis Peak and the upcoming similar device from Jawbone (2015 release) might be the best available for what you've mentioned. If the jawbone weren't so promising I'd have bought a peak already.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Verizon and maybe other Cellphone providers sell wearables via their accessories stores and at MSRP. So if you've got a corporate discount on your phone company check out if it applies to accessories, just grabbed a Charge HR for $119.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I just wish the UP3 would come out so I could buy it. Lot of other great choices but Jawbone's software and integration with other services just knocks it out of the park for me. Considering getting an UP24 and abusing the 60 day return policy for when the 3 hits.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Email me at the email posted in that thread and we'll see if we can work something out.

I also emailed you, not sniping him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

So an update on this.

Samsung wants to charge me for a whole new watch because there has apparently been water ingress into the watch. Of course I've never taken the watch beyond its IP rated ranges.

It's just been used in normal day-to-day wear including wearing it in the shower or while doing dishes but neither of those should have caused it to get water inside if its five atmosphere and IP68 seals were intact.

Guess I'm never buying another Samsung device ever.

Pretty much all ip rated consumer devices explicitly exclude water intrusion from their warranty